Chapter 30

Chandler's POV
"Hey guys, wanna play a board game or something?" I ask, trying to put off sleep for as long as possible.

"Sure. Wanna play more Uno?" Ava asked and everyone agreed.

We played Uno for a while. Until everyone started to get tired. I really didn't want to go to sleep.

"U-um how about we play another game? Like um...I don't know, truth or dare?" I ask, trying to keep everyone awake.

"How about we sleep? It's midnight dude." Zay said yawning. Everyone agreed with him, and Laura went to go to Payton's room to go to sleep.

Well. I tried.

"Aren't you tired?" Ava asked. To tell the truth, I'm exhausted. No point in lying, I mean, I suck at it anyways.

"O-Of course I'm tired." I say nervously. "So why don't you wanna sleep?" Parker asks.

"N-never mind. Let's just go to sleep." I mumbled.

That was a mistake. I never really fell asleep. But now it's 2 am, and I can barely keep my eyes opened. I keep nodding off, but I refuse to let myself sleep. I just can't.

I don't want to think about the fact that Keith escaped again.

I decide to just let my mind wander a little. So many questions fill my head.

Why don't I know things like my friends do?

Why did Zay decide not to hate me?

What does beer taste like?

Why am I the most nervous person at our school?

Why does sex exist?

What is the meaning of life?

Ugh. I'll never know the answer to any of these questions. But another question. Why do I hear crying? I quietly tip-toe out of my room, careful not to wake anyone up.

I go downstairs to see my dad crying into his hands. Oh how the tables have turned. (I'll go home)

"D-dad?" I whisper. He looks up, surprised looking.

"Chandler? What are you doing awake?" He asks. I go over and sit beside him.

"I-I never sleep anymore anyways." I say quietly. "Why not?" He asks. "Scared to." I answer. I don't know why I'm telling him this. I've never told anyone else. I guess it's because he'll be in jail later anyways.

"What are you scared of?" He asks as if he's afraid the answer will be him.

"K-Keith." I whisper. He looks angry.

Suddenly I feel scared of him. I don't know why, I know he's not drunk. But I've seen that angry look on his face too many times.

"I swear in front of God and everybody I'm gonna kill that sick a—"

"I know, dad." I cut him off. (No cussing on my Christian Minecraft server)

"You should go to sleep." I say to my dad.

"You should too." He says back. "We're not going to are we..." I ask, saying it more like a statement than a question though.

"Probably not." He says and I smile. It's been a while since I could smile in my fathers presence. It feels kinda good.

Suddenly there's a bang outside and me and my dad both stand up. Andy comes out of his room.

"What was that?" He whisper yells. Me and my dad both shrug.

Everyone comes downstairs to see what the noise was. Payton looks scared, standing at the top of the stairs while everyone else is down them. "It sounded like a gunshot." My dad said. There's another bang, and the door flies open to reveal the one and only Keith.

"Hey everyone! Miss me?" Keith says holding a gun.

No. We didn't.

"Well you all know what I want." The guy slurs.
"Yeah. Something you're not getting." Laura shot back.

"You. Over here." He says and points at me. My dad grabs me by the arm.

"Don't listen to him son." He says quietly.

"Dad he's got a gun." I whisper back and make my way over to him. I'm terrified.

I'm standing in front of him. The source of my nightmares is inches away.

Suddenly, Keith grabs me, turns me around and puts the gun to my head. I squeeze my eyes shut. I don't want to be here. I want to be far far away from here.

I wanna be in heaven.

I wanna meet my little brother.

"Look here. Everyone of you will do what I say, or I blow the kids brains out. Got it?" I hear Keith say.

My heart is pounding and I feel like it's gonna burst.

"P-please—" I whimpered. Keith laughed at me. "Such a crybaby." He said. Wow. So original.

"Look, Keith. I'll give you all the money I have as long as you don't hurt that boy anymore than you already have." Andy said in a shaky voice.

Why would he do that? He needs his money. He doesn't need me.

"No Andy. You see none of your money matters to me. The only thing I want, is him. So I'm gonna take him. And none of you are gonna stop me." Keith said.

He started to drag me out the door, but he was struggling. I was kicking and squirming madly. He was finally able to get me out the door but as soon as we were outside, Andy's front door was surrounded by police.

I sighed in relief as the officers yelled at Keith to put his hands up and I was released from his grasp.

They cuffed Keith and Andy came running out the front door. I ran to him and hugged him tightly, I was shaking.

An: Well. There's that. So um...
Did you like that? Let me know in the comments.

Um.

Yeah.

Chandler pic:

Ahhh love this pic sm ^^

K.

Byeeeeee!