Chapter 44

Three months later

It was May, almost the end of the school year and things were really good for Chandler. He started making the first move with Laura a lot more, things like grabbing her hand while they were at the movies and kissing her first.

Everyone was surprised, even Chandler himself. They'd been dating for 8 and a half months, and everything was going great. It was almost summer and everything would be perfect.

Right now, Chandler, Laura, Parker, Zay, Ava and Autumn were riding their bikes to the dock, because it was finally warm enough to go swimming and the school day was finally over.

Chandler and Ava didn't have bikes, but Zay gets a new one every Christmas from his rich Aunt and Uncle, so he had two fairly new ones they could have.

They all rode those bikes to school, and gotten permission to go down to the dock and everything was going as planned.

Until they got there and realized they didn't have any spare clothes. Autumn was the only one who actually wore a bathing suit under her clothes.

"Morons." She laughed.

"Hey, I'm smart too. I brought extra clothes in my bag." Ava laughed.

Chandler scratched the back of his head.

"Wait, you guys have your gym shorts?" Zay asked, pulling out his shorts.

"Oh, yeah. Duhhh." Parker said. Chandler had gym shorts too, but where was he supposed to change? Plus all he had on was a hoodie, because he's a genius and didn't wear a shirt under it today.

The one day.

"W-well Laura has nothing so we gotta go back anyway..." Chandler pointed out. He was uncomfortable and was hoping Laura would catch on.

She didn't.

"It's fine. I can swim in a bra and underwear, pretty much a bathing suit anyways." She shrugged.

"Yeah, but...where are we supposed to change?" Zay pointed out and looked at Parker.

"Uhhhhhh, we can take turns going in the woods, kinda seems to be our only option." He said, laughing a little.

"Alright, cool. I'll go first." Zay said and walked to the woods til they couldn't see him anymore.

When Chandler looked back, Autumn and Ava were sitting on the dock, feeling the water with their feet and Laura no longer had on a shirt.

Chandler squeezed his eyes shut and looked away quickly. He felt like he just violated her privacy. He heard her laugh quietly.

"Chandler?" She called.

"Mhm?" He responded, still looking away. "Have you ever seen a girl wearing a bathing suit before?" Laura asked him.

"Y-yes." He answered, still not looking at her.

"A bra and underwear is literally the same thing. You're fine." She rolled her eyes playfully, Ava and Autumn were giggling quietly.

He finally looked at her and said, "This whole situation is weird." Shaking his head.

Laura laughed. "For you, maybe. For less awkward people not so much." She said.

"Hey I took my anxiety meds you can't even blame it on that." Chandler smiled.

He didn't even realize Zay was back and Parker was gone. "Alright you guys are taking forever I'm getting in." Laura said to Ava and Autumn and jumped into the lake.