Chapter 24

Chandler's POV
Andy and I were sitting in the waiting room, getting ready to see Laura before she had to have surgery. I was really nervous about her getting the surgery, even though she's as tough as nails.

I can't believe how strong she is, she doesn't even seem scared.

"Laura Weston?" I heard that nurse call out. Andy and I slowly followed her into Laura's room.

"Hey, Chandler." Laura said weakly when we came in her room. I know something wasn't right, she doesn't do anything weakly. I slowly walked over to her.

"A-Are you feeling better?" I asked her. "Honestly I feel like I just got hit by a bus." She said.

I felt really guilty, I pulled up a chair and sat by her hospital bed.

"I-I'm so sorry, Laura." I said quietly.

"I already told you it's not your fault, if you don't stop apologizing I'll beat you up." She said smiling.

"Okay, sorry. I-I mean o-okay." I sounded like an idiot. I swear I'm the most awkward kid that's ever walked the earth.

All of a sudden, Laura clutched her chest tightly and was groaning in pain. "L-Laura?!" I yell.

Andy went to get a nurse, but the heart monitor kept beeping faster and faster.

"I need everyone out!" A nurse yelled, but I couldn't leave her. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see Andy.

"Come on, buddy. They'll help her but we gotta get out of here." He said.

I looked at Laura, they were pumping her chest and I noticed she wasn't breathing.

3rd Person POV

Andy practically had to drag Chandler out of Laura's room. Chandler was struggling and begging Andy to let him go, but he couldn't be in there while the doctors worked.

Eventually, Chandler calmed down and was crying into Andy's shoulder. "She can't d-die Andy. I-I love her." Chandler cried.

"She's not gonna die. She'll be okay." Andy reassured.

The next morning

"Payton did you brush your teeth?" Andy called from downstairs.

"Yes!" She called back.

When both Chandler and Payton came downstairs, Andy had already prepared breakfast for them.

"Eat, before you both miss the bus. Oh and I'm also picking you both up after school today. Payton you have soccer practice and Chandler I'm taking you to the hospital." Andy said to them.

"Y-yes sir." Chandler said, while Payton just nodded and kept eating.

"Chandler, you gonna eat anything?" Andy asked. "I-I'm not really hungry." Chandler mumbled.

"Okay, but eat lunch alright?" Andy said.

"Yes sir." Chandler replied. "H-how's Laura?" Chandler asked in a quiet voice. "She's stable, and the surgery was a success. She'll be okay, don't worry. You just take it easy, in case you forgot you're still recovering too." Andy answered.

"Yeah but, I don't care about me. As long as she's okay..." Chandler said, standing up and grabbing his bookbag. He still limped when he walked, but not near as bad as he was.

"You still gotta take care of yourself, kid." Andy said. "Yes sir." Chandler said and walked to the bus stop.

"Dad, is Laura Chandler's girlfriend?" Payton asked once Chandler was out the door.