Chapter 27

Chandler's POV
I woke up sweating and shaking, from another nightmare. I looked over at the alarm clock and it read 3:34 am. Today is Friday, meaning my friends get to come over.

I talked to Andy about how many people were allowed to spend the night, and he said at least under 10. He said Payton brought over 12 girls when they were painting her room. The thought of even having 12 friends blows my mind.

I have three if you count Laura. And I have a few acquaintances too. I know I say this all the time, but having friends is still very new to me, so I'm really happy with the people I've got.

And my tormentor since the first grade became my best friend, I never saw that coming.

If I keep thinking about the friends I've gained, maybe it'll keep my mind off my dream. It was terrible. Let's not think about that.

Let's think about how today I'm gonna have friends over. And we're gonna paint my bedroom.

For the first time in a while, I'm gonna have fun. And I'm not gonna worry about my dad or his friends. I'm only gonna worry about having fun with my friends.

Like a normal 14 year old.

---------------------------------------------------

I was getting ready to walk out the door when Andy stopped me.

"Hey, remember I'm gonna pick you and your friends up after school, that's okay with their parents right?" He asked me.

"Y-yes sir they already asked." I answered. "Okay, who all did you invite?" He asked. "Parker, Ava, Zay and Laura, u-unless that's too many people I could---" I started but Andy cut me off.

"That's fine kid. Laura and Ava are gonna have to sleep at least in a separate room than you though, okay?" He chuckled. All these people thinking negative. "Yes sir." I said laughing a little.

"Does that mean I can have boys over?" Payton asked. "Ummmmm I'm thinking not. We'll talk about it when your Chandlers age." Andy said.

Payton sighed.

"Alright you two, go wait for the bus." Andy said.

After a while of standing outside Payton broke the silence.

"So, is Laura your girlfriend?" Payton asked me. "U-Uh yeah, why?" I asked. "Well she's all you ever talk about, I figured you two are either dating, or you were a stalker." Payton shrugged.

I didn't know I talked about Laura that much. (An: Literally me with Chandler except I know I talk about him wayyy too much)

"O-oh. I didn't know I talked about her that much." I mumbled. "Well you do. Also, why do you always stutter on the first word of your sentence?" She asked me. Here we go with the stutter.

"I don't know. I don't have a stutter." I said.

"Hey, you didn't sound nervous when you said that. You sounded confident. You should talk more like that." She said.

I wasn't really trying to sound confident, I was just trying not to stutter. Maybe I should try not to stutter more.

I was gonna say something, but then Payton's bus pulled up. "Well, bye Chandler!" Payton said and ran to her bus.

-------------------------------------------------

"Chandler. Go to guidance." I heard Ms. Mims say. "Yes ma'am." I say.

I really don't see the point of going to guidance everyday anymore. I mean, he's already helped me, isn't that enough?

Anyways, I guess I'll tell him about Laura, how she got shot but now she's okay.