Chapter 15

Laura's POV
When Chandler ran out of the party, I told Zay to just stay back and I would go see where he went. When I finally found him, he was sitting at the edge of a cliff hugging his knees to his chest. "Chandler, you okay?" I said as I went to sit beside him.

"Y-yeah. I just needed to get out of there." He said. "Look at me." I said. When he looked at me, his face was red and puffy. "You were crying, weren't you?" I asked, even though I knew the answer. He nodded slightly.

"Why? You know Jared's just a jerk. Right?" I asked. "I-I know. It's not what he said, not really. I just...miss them." He explained. "Your parents?" I asked, and he nodded.

"But why? They hurt you!" I said. "I know. But they were still my parents. And they loved me at first. Th-they really did." He said, and his voice started to break.

I put my arm around him. "I'm gonna go see them tomorrow." He said. "In jail?" I asked. "Yep." He answered.

Chandler's POV {The next day}
Today I'm going to see my parents. In jail. I learned from some of the police that I can go see them once or twice a month. (I don't even know) So what better day than today?

Right now, I'm sitting in the car with Mrs. Roberts. She wanted to take me today, for some reason. When we pull up at the prison, I start to get nervous.

"What if he tries to kill me or something?" I ask Mrs. Roberts. "Chandler, he can't hurt you. He's behind bars." She answered. "If you say so." I say, getting out of the car.

Later

The officer is leading me to see my mom in the women's visitation area. I asked to see her first, since she doesn't scare me as much as my dad does. When we get to the visitation area, I see a line of women talking to their families. And then I see my mom, waiting. I go and sit in the seat and pick up the phone.

"Mom?" I say. She hesitated. "Hi baby." She smiled sadly.

"Look, sorry isn't gonna fix what I did. Or more what I let your dad do. But I am sorry. I just wish we could go back to the way we were." My mom says, and I hear sadness in her voice.

"I-it's okay mom." I say. "No. It's not okay, baby. I helped ruin your life." She said again.

"I know it's not okay, but...I forgive you." I said. "Times up." The cop said. "Bye mom." I said.

Now to go see my dad. Oh no. I can't even imagine what he's gonna say. But, it's time for me to man up.

"Good luck." Mrs. Roberts said. "You're not coming?" I ask. "Nope, men only." She said as she read the sign on the opening.

"They'll let you go. I'm not a man either yet but-" I started but got cut off by Mrs. Roberts. "Chandler. You go, he can't hurt you." She said. I nodded hesitantly and started to walk with the cop.

"Kid? You're shaking. Calm down a bit. Your dad can't do anything." The officer said. I decided to stay silent. I was terrified and I didn't trust my voice not to break.

Once we got to the men's visitation area, my dad is the first person I see. He has a black eye and a swollen lip. When I get to the phone, I carefully pick it up and start talking.

"D-dad?" I say. He doesn't say anything, he just looks at me for a second.

"What happened to you?" I ask after a few moments of silence. "The other inmates don't have respect for people who beat their kids." He said. "You're not a wimp, kid. You're not a crybaby. You're not worthless. I am. I'm sorry, kid." He said.

I don't know if I believe him though. "Me too." I replied.

"How long have you been sober?" I asked and he chuckled. "Can't drink here, son." He said. "Times up." The officer said.

"Bye dad."

Soooooo what do think? I don't know about this lol. ALSO 311 READS?!? WHATTTTT? THANK YOU! Annnyyyyywayyysssss here's your picture.

 ALSO 311 READS?!? WHATTTTT? THANK YOU! Annnyyyyywayyysssss here's your picture

Apparently he actually did hurt his arm lol...or finger or something whateverrrrr byeeeeee!