Prologue

You looked over at Savitar. "You know I'm not scared of you right?" 

He looked up at you with fear in his eyes. You could tell he wanted to say something, but he shook his head and turned away. You bit your lip in anticipation. Never before had to wanted to hug someone so badly and explain to them that you needed them in your life, that life just wasn't the same without them. 

"You should be scared of me," he croaked out, casting a glance in your direction. "Because I'm scared of me."

You inhaled a shaky breath and reached your hand towards him, cupping his face. He pressed his face against your hand and held your gaze. 

"Why?" You asked. 

"Because I'm scared I'm going to hurt you," he said softly. 

You retracted your hand. "You won't," you said, shaking your head. 

Savitar sat up straighter and cast his glance towards his feet. He was kicking at something on the ground. "You don't know that, I mean, I am a killer after all."

You pursed your lips and reached over grabbing his hand. You ran your finger over his palm. Sitting there absentmindedly, you almost forgot who you were talking to. Still, everything seemed normal, like you were just two normal people having a normal conversation and discussing your normal problems. But, unfortunately, it wasn't that simple and you knew that what you and Savitar had was much more complicated. 

"To them maybe, but to me, you're not," you finally said, meeting his gaze. His eyes flickered to your hands. He gave you a gentle squeeze. 

"I wish I could believe that and I wish you weren't so naive. Y/N, I've killed before. That makes me a killer," he said. He pulled his hand away and stood up. Throwing one last glance your way, he turned away, leaving you to sit alone and sift through your thoughts.