Chapter Thirty-One: Meet my dad

Y/N's POV

It's been a month since you and Savitar moved to the small village that you set foot on almost a year ago. It wouldn't seem like this place had problems with Meta-humans, but it was 2018, Meta-humans were everywhere. Because you were by water, you assumed you'd be up against water wielders but no, the villains came in all shapes and sizes. This could also be said about the girl you found a week in who was scared, but wanted to help fight. Her name 'Elec,' a 19 year old with no family and scared to the bone of her newfound lightning powers. You and Savitar took her in and soon formed a team, inviting others in. By the end of the month, you had a strong team of four, you, Savitar, Elec, and your computer nerd, Andrew. During the day, you worked with Elec to stop Meta-humans who destroyed and tried to kill, while Savitar was at work. At night, you and Savitar shifted the roles and he worked with Andrew. The only time, all of you worked together were on the days you all were free from work. The team was strong and you trusted everyone entirely, enough that you finally had a chance to take a break with Savitar and go see your father.

You walked into your's and your boyfriend's shared home, dropping your bag on the floor and slouching over to the couch. As you grew closer, you realized Savitar was passed out on the couch...Again.

You walked in front of him and leaned down to kiss his scar. He slowly opened his eyes.

"Hey babe..." He mumbled tiredly. You chuckled.

"You're tired Barry, let's go to bed." You said, trying to pull him to his feet.

"No...I don't want to move." He whined. You sighed and squeezed in next to him, cuddling up to him.

"Then we'll sleep here." He wrapped his arm around you.

"Goodnight Barry." You whispered.

"Goodnight Y/N." He said and in an instant was passed out. You chuckled to yourself and fell asleep shortly after to the rise and fall rhythm of your boyfriend's chest.

----Time Skip----

You slightly opened your eyes when you felt Savitar shifting around. You yawned and sat up. He looked over at you pouting.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay, we have to get ready anyways." You said standing up.

"For what?" He asked before his face suddenly paled. "Please tell me today isn't THAT day."

You chuckled. "Yes it is, now hurry up and get ready, so we can go meet my dad." You walked into the bedroom and began getting ready, hearing a groan come from Savitar.

An hour later

You walked out of your house hand in hand with Savitar. Because you planned on taking your boyfriend to Atlantis, you both wore your armour which would protect you as you got lower into the water. You walked to the end of the island, coming in contact with the water.

"So, are we waiting for him here?" Savitar asked, using his free hand to scratch his head. You nodded.

"I have to call him up here first."

"Like with a phone?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. You shook your head.

"Nope, the old fashioned way, with a fish." You said walking towards the water, dunking your head in. Savitar stood in the same place and shouted.

"Y/N, having fish send messages is not an old fashioned way, normal people never did that!"

A moment later, you were standing next to your boyfriend, who looked utterly confused. He reached out and touched your hair before muttering,

"How is it still dry?" You chuckled and shrugged. "I don't know, but it's a perk of having water powers." The two of you continued to laugh and talk until you heard a rumbling come from the water. You smiled and held Savitar's hand tighter. You watched as your father stepped dramatically out of the water, the water rising around him. He walked over to you, trying to look tough, his eyes piercing through Savitar's soul. You rolled your eyes.

"So you must be the guy who is dating my daughter." He said broodingly.

"Yes, that's right."

"Well let me tell you something, I don't like you." He began, looking at Savitar who looked uneasy. Your dad then broke into a chuckle. "I'm just messing with you, you seem alright."

"Seriously dad, don't be a jerk, he has a name and feelings." You said smiling.

"Well hello to you to Y/N...And yes I know, his name is Barry Allen...So I heard from a little fishy that you two are soulmates." He said turning to wink poorly at Savitar. Savitar awkwardly lost his balance for a second but regained composure and cleared his throat. Your dad smiled and then turned towards your boyfriend.

"So what's with the scar?" He asked, pointing to Savitar's face.

"Oh my God dad, you can't just ask people about their scar like that!" You yelled shaking your head.

"Sorry..." He mumbled.

"It's okay, I've been asked about it more harshly before." Savitar said. Your dad nodded.

"So are you ready to go underwater before Y/N yells at me again?" He asked jokingly, earning a smirk from you. Savitar nodded. Your father smiled and jumped into the water. Taking the chance of privacy, you turned towards Savitar.

"Is everything okay babe?"

"What do you mean? You really have to stop asking vague questions like that Y/N." He said chuckling. You rolled your eyes and lightly chuckled.

"You know what I mean, you're acting all nervous, normally you're much more confident." Savitar shrugged and leaned into you whispering.

"Your dad is so flawless, it's overpowering and making me nervous." He pulled back and smirked. You looked at him and covered your mouth trying not to laugh.

"Barry, what the hell?!" You shouted, stammering over to the water. "Come on, I can't."

"Can't what?" He asked smiling.

"I can't take you, stop crushing on my dad." You said, trying to hold in your laughs.

"All I'm saying Y/N, is that he has the power to make any straight man question his sexuality."

"And did he make you question yours?" You asked wiping away a few tears from laughing so hard. Savitar walked over to you and hugged you.

"No, I love you too much." You smiled and kissed him, suddenly being interrupted by your dad.

"Are you guys going to keep making out, or are you coming?!" He yelled. You smiled awkwardly at him and used your powers to make your boyfriend a breathing mask out of water. You then walked hand in hand into the water.

----Time Skip----

You and Savitar continued to swim farther down until you reached Atlantis.

"Wow..." Savitar mumbled. "It's beautiful right?" You asked looking over at him.

"Not as beautiful as you." He said, making you blush. Your father swam by and chuckled.

"Alright lovebirds, quit being cheesy, we have a ton of places to visit before the sun goes down."

You laughed and pulled Savitar with you, following behind your father.