Chapter One: Leaving home

Y/N's POV

Like all of your days start, you wake up after drifting through your water filled room asleep, and head out to your usual underwater rock, where you sit and wait for something exciting to happen. Sometimes you'll get bored and go explore or something will happen...Well today something did happen, you were approached by a couple of mermaids, who generally would never speak to you.

"Oh My God! Y/N! You have something on your chin," the one with the purple tail exclaimed.

You briefly touched your chin, but felt nothing, finally looking up at them confused.

"On no honey, we meant the third one down," the other said laughing.

"What is your guy's problem? Can't you just leave me alone?" You asked pleadingly.

The two girls snickered as they swam away, clearly taking in the smell of a victory. Having had enough already so early in the morning, you decided to just swim home. When you got there, your father was waiting for you, smiling a big smile.

"Sweetheart, I've got some news!" He shouted. You looked at him expectantly.

"I've saved yet another city from destruction!" He exclaimed.

"Yippee dad!" You said sarcastically making an awed facial expression.

Your father furrowed his eyebrows and walked over to you."Okay, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Clearly something is up, or you wouldn't be acting like the spoiled child you are."

You rolled my eyes and took on a slouched stance. "It's just that...."

"That?" Your father asked.

"That I hate living here, I don't fit in anywhere, there's never anything to do like ever, and just for once I want to experience life above water."

Your father said nothing.

"Look dad, I'm twenty-three years old technically I'm an adult now and don't need your permission," you said sternly.

Your father chuckled and looked at you. "Of course you do, no matter what it is, you always feel the need to ask my permission. Like that time you asked if you could play with the sea life or have one of the many seashells, when really there was no need to ask."

You smiled at him. "I guess it's because I don't feel guilty when I ask for permission."

Your father reached out and placed his hand on your shoulder. "Do you really want to go up there that bad?"

You nodded. "Then okay, but under one condition, no boys. Oh and don't reveal your powers to anyone random...At least if you do, tell someone important to you."

You looked at your father with a blank expression before swimming off to grab your things. It wasn't long before you were all packed up with your one little bag and ready to go. Your father gave you one last hug and allowed you to swim up to the surface for the first time. Before you swam up though, you took a u-turn and swam to your father's pearl bank, swiping three, once sold, you would have enough money to live a nice life on land. This wasn't stealing though, your father told you that it was okay to take a couple for the rode.

When you hit the surface which separated air from water, you felt chills go through your body....You'd finally done it, finally got to the surface, and boy...Was it magical...