Chapter Twenty-One: Even the strongest of us cry

Savitar's POV

You stood on the stone stairs holding Iris up for all of her friends to see.

"Please let her go!" Barry cried.

"I warned you, did I not?" You said, the knife coming out of your hand. Barry continued to scream until you shoved the knife through Iris's chest. You dropped the body to the ground, stepping back as you watched Barry crawl towards her body. You suddenly notice Iris pull out a golden pen and hold it up to her face. That's when it happened. The person you thought was Iris taps the pen and their face changes to a man's, that man, your soulmate's best friend.

Suddenly the suit you were wearing became weirdly warm and you felt like you were suffocating. You quickly jumped out of it, falling to the ground, sucking in air as fast as you could. Did you really just kill your soulmates best friend? She's never going to forgive you know...You thought. You looked up to see Iris and Barry embracing and then to Joe who was glaring at you. You forgot about everyone for a minute and crawled over to H.R. who was now dead.

"I'm so sorry..." You mumbled before speeding off, leaving your suit. When you got home you crashed on your bed, only to be disturbed by Killer Frost.

"Well look who's back....How it go? Did you kill Iris?" You looked at her annoyed.

"Go the hell away, I'm not in the mood to answer your million questions." You snapped. She raised an eyebrow at you.

"Wow, someone's grumpy, what happened, did the plan not go well? Kill the wrong person?" She asked venomously. You looked at her angrily before your face fell and you came to the sudden realization of what you'd done. Suddenly, everything that had been building up inside you for the past ten years snapped and you cried, you Savitar, the mighty speedster who almost took down the Flash cried. Killer Frost looked at you oddly.

"I killed her best friend! I didn't listen to anything she told me and now everything we had or could have had is gone...I've lost her..." You cried out into the pillow. Killer Frost awkwardly looked at you.

"I didn't sign up for crying." She said looking disgusted. You looked up and saw her roll her eyes.

"A word of advice, you don't exactly know you lost Y/N unless you talk to her." She said before walking out. You wiped your eyes and sat up, actually thinking about what Killer Frost had said. You then realized that you couldn't just waltz into S.T.A.R. Labs after what had happened, so you just decided to go wait for Team Flash to find you and hope Y/N was with them, if not well then surrendering was an option you were open to. How could you live knowing you hurt the only person that mattered to you? It seemed weak to hand yourself over after all that you went through, but you hadn't realized until after the fact that none of the villain stuff mattered anymore, really all you were aiming for was revenge so that you could finally live a normal life....The question is did your ruin those chances?