Chapter Five: New home

Jesse's POV

It felt like hours since you guys had left S.T.A.R. Labs and yet you hadn't found a place yet. Either the places were way over Y/N's budget or they were way too small. Finally you guys decided to crash on one of the park benches.

"This is horrible," Y/N said to you.

"I know, but we have one more place," you said solemnly. Well it turns out that place was just the place Y/N was looking for, it was under budget and was kind of-sorta roomy.

 Well it turns out that place was just the place Y/N was looking for, it was under budget and was kind of-sorta roomy

Y/N's POV

You put a security deposit down on the place like the landlord asked and payed for the rent, leaving you with $1,000, which would go towards food and other necessities/decor. Jesse explored your apartment with you briefly.

"Alright well I have to go, but I'll contact you...Somehow..." she said before heading out to her date with some boy named 'Wally.'

The rest of the night you sat on your couch figuring out how you were going to meet the Scarlet Speedster. After some thinking you pushed away those thoughts and put your three dresses away in the small dresser's top drawer, tucking your armour in as well.

The air in your room began to feel stuffy, so you headed outside to get fresh air. You looked around at the empty street, wondering why everything was so quiet, even the nocturnal animals. Then it struck. You saw the Scarlet Speedster run by, chasing after something that was moving quickly up ahead. You thought about following him, but decided against it as you were unprotected, so you just looked up at the stars before you headed inside.

It wasn't long before sleep took over and you were passed out on the bed.

Jesse's POV

"So how was apartment hunting?" Wally asked.

You shrugged. "Energy-draining, but worth it."

"So I guess that means you and this girl are friends now?" He asked.

You nodded. "Yeah but, I don't know, something seems off."

Wally raised an eyebrow.

"Well for starters she didn't have a phone, who in the world doesn't have a phone in 2018?"

"Maybe she couldn't afford one?" Wally said questioningly.

"Well there w-" You were cut off by Cisco's screaming.

"Wally, Jesse, we need you!" Cisco yelled.

You rolled your eyes and stood up, setting your chinese food on the ground.

They couldn't wait until the end of our date could they?