Meet Matthew

(Play the song above when I say! nd let's just pretend this is Angel singing.)

I woke up the next morning at around 7:00AM. Boy was I tired. I walked back home so I could grab my motorcycle and take it for a ride. My mom has been staying with Carly and I until she finds a place of her own. I was riding around Tulsa on my motorcycle until about 8:00 AM and I decided to start heading back. On my way back I saw a Soc that had brown hair, ice blue eyes, and a muscular figure. He was wearing a black leather jacket. You could tell he was a Soc. He stopped me on my motorcycle. He made a small low whistle staring at my bike. "You've got yourself a nice bike there." He said. I smiled. I could tell he wasn't like other Socs. "Thanks." I said smiling. "So, uh, what's your name?" He asked. "Angel. Don't let the name fool ya." I said smiling. "Haha, my name's Matthew." He said. "So what do you do?" He asked me. I told him that I don't really do anything. But, he told me he was a singer. I smiled. "A singer? I love to sing, but don't tell anyone or I'll beat the tar outta you." I said smiling. "I won't. But, I have a gig at a bar called Bucks. It's tonight at 9:00 PM. If you meet me around the back of the Dingo at 3:00, and sing a song for me, maybe we can duet?" Matthew told me. Something about him made me feel like I have known him all my life. I wondered for a moment...What if the the gang was there? I wasn't ready for them to know that I sing. Eventually I came to my choice..."Okay." I said smiling. I'll see you behind the Dingo at 3:00. 

I got on my bike and waved to Matthew. Then, I went to the Curtis's house. "Hey babe where've you been?" Dally asked with a smoke in his mouth. "Just went on a ride." I said. "Okay, well I am going to head out. Maybe we can go lunch at 3:00?" Dally asked. "I'm meeting up with a friend, so I can't. Sorry." I said. "Ah, it's fine babe." Dally said as Darry walked in. "Hey Ang." Darry said with a smile. I got up and hugged Darry, thanking him for letting me stay over. I looked over at Dally who was whispering something to Johnny, who had just woken up. Johnny looked at Dally with a, What the fuck?  kind of look. I wondered what they were talking about. Johnny whispered back to Dally, "You can't do that to her." And he just shrugged his shoulders and said, "The rep." I thought nothing of this. I just went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. At around 2:30 Dally said  he was leaving. I said goodbye and Johnny looked upset. I just went back home so I could practice singing a little bit and choose a song to sing.

I was practicing my singing for 15 minutes. It was now 2:45. I ended up choosing a song called "Hallelujah." By Jeff Buckley. I got on my motorcycle and headed to the back of the Dingo. I saw Matthew and I hugged him. "Okay, let's hear it Ang." He said. I began singing, and I got into the music...

(Play video above now!)

Well I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played and it pleased the Lord
But you don't really care for music, do you?
Well it goes like this:
The fourth, the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift
The baffled king composing HallelujahHallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
HallelujahWell your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya
She tied you to her kitchen chair
And she broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the HallelujahHallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
HallelujahBut baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
You know, I used to live alone before I knew ya
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
And love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken HallelujahHallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
HallelujahWell there was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show that to me do ya
But remember when I moved in you
And the holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was HallelujahHallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
HallelujahMaybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew yaAnd it's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken HallelujahHallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Hallelujah

Hallelujah...

I was soon done the song. I was proud of myself. Matthew stood there with his mouth open and clapping. I smiled and my cheeks turned red. He hugged me. "You're in" is all he said. "Meet me tonight at 7:30 to warm up and choose our songs." He said. I said okay. Matthew told me that he would walk me home. I said thank you and we started to go towards the front of the Dingo when I saw it. Dallas Winston, my boyfriend, kissing another girl. My face fell. Matthew saw. He whispered, "Is that your boyfriend?" I nodded my head silently. Matthew stomped over to Dally and punched him square in the nose. "What the hell ma..." Dally saw me. "Babe it's not what it looks like." I shrugged my shoulders. "It's exactly what it looks like." I walked over to Dally and punched him as hard as I could in the jaw. "Bye Dally." I said. Dally stared at me as Matthew put his hand around my waist to comfort me, and we got on my motorcycle, and rode away.