The Gig

(Play the video above when I say! Let's pretend this is Angel and Matthew singing) 

I rode home with Matthew. He stayed with me and we talked and talked and talked. Eventually Matthew and I decided that we should pick out songs to sing at Bucks. I decided to pick "I hate you, I love you." So if Dally was there, then this song would go out to him. Matthew picked the song, "Like I'm Gonna lose you." Those would be our duet songs. Then Matthew would sing his favorite song, and I would sing, "One Kiss." I was nervous that the whole gang would be at Bucks. 

Matthew and I went over to Bucks early to do sound checks and all that fancy stuff. Soon people started to pile in, and Dally came from upstairs with the girl at the Dingo. He saw me and his eyes went wide. I looked at him with no emotion and looked at Matthew who grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I smiled at him. Dally's eyes were fuming. I don't know why he was jealous and mad. He cheated on me! Soon it was 8:00 and the WHOLE gang came in. I just kept my head down low. They didn't see me until I started to sing. Dally was right in front when I started to sing...

(Play the video!) 

I was staring at Dally the whole time. He looked mad, but surprised. He was the only one that knew I sang. I was drunk when I sang in front of Dally. I knew I wouldn't have sung in front of him if I was sober because I was a badass girl with a rep. Dally was just a pig with a reputation of banging girls. Soon I was done my part and Matthew started to sing his part. After he finished his part we harmonized. We sang together perfectly. Matthew changed the song a little in his part. So I changed my part so it was directed towards Dally, and the best part was that Matthew went along with it. 

We finished the song and everyone went crazy. The gang was clapping and smiling. The only person in the gang that wasn't smiling was Dally. Good. I then started to sing my solo song while Matthew got the instruments ready for our next duet. 

Everyone watched as I put on my leather jacket, took my hair out of my Ponytail and began to sing my next song...

Dally was still watching, but to show that he "Didn't care" he grabbed a random girl and had his arm around her. Instead of Matthew doing his solo next, he started to play our song, "Like I'm gonna lose you."

I was holding Matthew's hand. The whole gang looked at Dally with the other girl and they understood. But, they were confused as to why I wasn't upset. Why? I never let my guard down. If someone breaks my heart...I am just going to get back up again. I am going to start trouble, rob stores, and become myself again. After this gig at bucks with Matthew, I was planning to cause some trouble, and I would. 

As I was singing the song with Matthew, Dally looked mad. When the girl next to Dally tried to kiss him, he pushed her off. I saw him mouth the word, "hoe" to her. I was just singing with Matthew. It was like we were the only two people in the world. It. Was. Amazing. 

After the performance Buck asked Matthew and I if we wanted jobs here, and if we would want to come on Friday nights. Matthew said yes, but I turned down the offer. I loved the sing, but just like Dally, I had a rep to protect. Matthew smiled and kissed my cheek as the gang and Dally watched. "I'll see you soon Ang." Matthew said and walked out the door. I turned around and faced the gang. "Ang, you were amazing." Darry said. Soda, Pony, and Johnny agreed. Dally looked taken aback when Johnny agreed. I looked at Dally smirking. "Gotta keep the rep, right?" Two bit said, "ooooooo" And the whole gang joined in. I laughed. "Guys I am going to head out. I'll see you tomorrow. Alright?" They all said alright. Now it was just me and Dally. "What the hell Angel?" I looked at him, laughed, and left. That boy was a waste of time. If he REALLY wanted me, then he wouldn't do that to me, that's for sure.