STEVE!

I heard footsteps outside of me and Dally's tent. I was scared. I looked around and saw nothing. that's when my dad jumped out from a bush, grabbed my leg and started to beat me. I was screaming for Dally. I was screaming for Darry, and I was screaming for Steve. Steve? I don't know why. My dad grabbed a branch and started to hit me harder and harder. My dad was screaming, "You're worthless! KILL yourself!" as he hit me over and over again. I screamed in pain. I heard "ANGEL!" and yelling. My dad took out a gun and....

"ANGEL!" I woke up screaming. Darry, Steve, and Dally were in my tent. "Guys, I am so sorry. I just had a bad dream." Everyone exhaled. Darry hugged me. "Get some sleep kiddo." He said. Then Steve came over and hugged me. He whispered in my ear..."Out of all the people you could have called, thanks for calling me." HE said, and he kissed my forehead. Then, he left. I was now with Dally. Dally rolled over and held me protectively in his arms. Dally kissed my head and said, "Go back to sleep baby. I love you." "I love you too, Dally" I said. I soon fell asleep.

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. Darry and Soda were making breakfast on the grill. I was wearing a black crop top and my black shorts still. Everyone looked at me. Two Bit started to laugh. "A nice case of bedhead you got there, Angel." Two Bit said. I smacked him. "Well you don't look to hot either, Matthews." I said smirking. Soda and Darry served us all breakfast. I got into my bathing suit, and we all went in the lake. we were messing around, and playing games. We were in the lake for a long time. Everyone started to get out so they could change into better clothing, but I wanted to stay in the lake for a little longer. I dropped my sunglasses that I was wearing so I dove to the bottom to get them. I was starting to come back to the surface when some sort of plant at the bottom got caught on my leg. I could only go above the water so my mouth was just above the water. I yelled out, "STEVE! DALLY! SOMEONE HELP!" Then the got the biggest breath I could and went underwater. I was starting to lose my breath. Then, I saw Steve dive into the water to help me. 

When Steve got in he saw the plant caught around my leg. He took out his switchblade and started to quickly cut the plant. I lost my breath and I was started to close my eyes. I felt strong arms pick me up. And that's all I remember. 

Steve's POV

"STEVE! DALLY! SOMEONE HELP!" Angel screamed. I was about to change into regular clothes, I still had my swim trunks on so I sprinted out of my tent and I saw Angel sink into the water. I made sure to grab my switch before I exited the tent, just in case. 

I dove into the water. By the time I did so, the whole gang was running out of their tents. I immediately saw the problem. Angel's leg was caught on some plant underwater. I had my switch, and I started to cut the plant. I glanced at Angel and she started to close her eyes. I went up the water for one more breath. I finished cutting the plant, and I grabbed Angel, and brought her to the surface. 

Everyone grabbed Angel. Darry started to do CPR. Everyone was watching helplessly. All of the sudden, Angel spit out water at Darry and took a deep breath. Angel hugged Darry. "That's a great way to start off my day." Angel said. Everyone laughed and hugged Angel. You could tell that Dally was flipping out because his face was white. Angel kissed him, and Dally's color returned to his face. Angel then hugged me. "Thanks for saving me back there Stevie." She said. "No problem Angel." I said, and kissed her head.