Chapter 35

Lexie Pov

After Odell practice was over he ended up leaving to go hang with his boys so I took the car to go bring Maddie home. When I pulled up to my brother house I helped Maddie out the car and then we walked to the door. The door was already open so I just walked in with Maddie.

" Lucus I'm bringing your run away back," Lexie said walking in the house laughing.

" Hey baby sis," Lucus said kissing her forehead.

" DADDY," Maddie screamed.

" Hey baby girl you had fun with aunty," Lucus asked picking Maddie up.

" Yeah and uncle Dell they bought me gifts," Maddie said pointing to bags on the floor.

" That's sweet baby girl but can go upstairs why I talk to aunty right quick," Lucus asked Maddie.

" Yeah okay daddy," Maddie said running up the stairs.

" What do we have to talk about," Lexie asked confused.

" Listen before you get mad just hear her out Lexie," Lucas said.

" Hear who out what's going on," Lexie asked sitting on the couch.

" Mama," Lucus called and Laura started walking out the kitchen.

" No Lucus I'm not," Lexie said letting the tears run down her face.

" Just hear her out Lexie," Lucus said.

" Look you know what went down with me and her now you trying set me up when I'm dropping my niece off," Lexie asked through tears.

" Lexie I'm sorry I was a terrible mother to you I will admit that but please let me explain," Laura said crying.

" You don't have explain anything to me what so ever mother. I cut you out my life three years ago it can stay that way," Lexie said trying leave only for her mother to grab her arm.

" Lexie I'm sorry please just give me five minutes please," Laura said.

When my mother said that I had change of heart. I sat down and gave her five minutes to talk which turned into ten then turned into an hour that turned into two.

Within those two hours, I felt like my mom was actually my mom again. Of course, we not going be all lovely with each other right away. Although I was able to do something that was so heavy on my heart.

I forgave my mother and now we are going move forward with our relationship. Building it one step at a time. Of course, I was mad that my brother set me up but that's okay. I have too many things going on to hold something against family.

It actually made me feel good again that I was able to do that. My mother also let me know she's going be coming to my graduation tomorrow and I approved of it.

I wanna call Odell and tell him but I decided I'll just tell him tonight. He with his boys and I don't wanna bother him with my drama.

Let's just hope letting my mother back in my life was the right thing.