Chapter 65

Odell's Pov

When Lexie said that I didn't know what to think or say. I just pulled her closer into my chest as she cried and soaked my shirt. I know Lexie and her mom just started talking but for this happen it's crazy.

" Lexie when you found out about your mom," Odell asked wiping her face.

" Umm I been busy so I didn't answer the phone but not on purpose. I just missed the calls and when I was suppose to call back I just forgot. When you went to bathroom before we left the radio station my mom left voicemail.

Telling me she had breast cancer and that she goes into surgery on Tuesday of week coming up. She let me know my siblings knew but that she wanted to tell me herself. Although she couldn't wait anymore because I never answered the phone," Lexie said still crying.

" I'm sorry baby girl truly," Odell said holding her as she cried.

" I can't lose my mom Odell I know we don't have the best relationship but she's still my mom," Lexie said crying.

" I know and you won't lose her Lexie I promise okay let's just go back to hotel if still want to," Odell said kissing her forehead.

" I do I'm not in the mood anymore please," Lexie said.

" Okay baby get back in car," Odell said opening the door.

Once Lexie got in the car I told the driver to take us back to the hotel. She still was crying and I hated seeing her like that. I just pulled her into me and she cried into my shirt silently as she soaked my shirt.

Although I really meant what I said seeing Lexie hurt really made me hurt. I don't like Lexie like this the last time I saw her crying like this was when she first told me about her mom and how messed up their relationship was.

Now she crying because her mom got cancer I know how hard that is on her. She just started talking back to her mom now she got deal with this. Once we got to hotel before we could get out I saw paparazzi.

Lexie don't need to deal with this right now so I told driver to pull to back exit. After he did I helped Lexie out the car and we went up to our room.

Once we got there I just laid in bed and Lexie got on my chest and continued to cry on my chest until she went to sleep. Although I couldn't go sleep I just caressed her face as she slept just glad she wasn't crying her eyes out anymore.

Although why she was sleeping my phone started ringing. I wasn't going answer but then her brother named flashed across my screen. I quickly answered not talking to loud so won't wake Lexie.

Phone Conversation

" Hello," Odell said into the phone.

" Yo Odell I don't know if I'm to late but my mom left voicemail on Lexie phone has she listen to it," Lucus asked.

" Yup you late she been crying her eyes out every since she just went to sleep," Odell said.

" I was calling praying she didn't listen but just make sure she calls her mom when she wake up so she can explain everything," Lucus said.

" For sure Lucus and don't worry I got it im take care of her and make sure she's good," Odell said.

" Thanks Odell honestly for being good man to my lil sis. She deserve good in her life she been through lot," Lucus said.

" Trust me I know the way I found out about the thing with y'all mom she just had emotional break down in car and made driver pull over," Odell said.

" I knew she take hard Lexie rather hold her emotions in. Which I always told her isn't good because once she does she just explode," Lucus said.

" Tell me about it I haven't saw her that mad in long time. I knew she was hurting tho," Odell said kissing the top of Lexie head.

" Yeah she be okay she strong just be there for her she be okay and good luck in game O," Lucus said.

" I can't even think about that right now knowing Lexie not feeling good," Odell said.

" Bro my sister truly got you wiped but that's what should motivate you. Give her something to get happy about she be okay Odell don't stress to much," Lucus said.

" It's hard to do that man I don't like seeing her like this," Odell said.

" Odell honestly I know how you feeling when Chole hurt I hurt too that's my wife. Although at the end of the day you man so make her feel everything going be okay even if it isn't," Lucus said.

" I got you I'm make sure she good," Odell said.

" Make sure you good to O and focus when you hit that field. Don't go out there with clouded mind before Lexie be weird about you to," Lucus said.

" I know dude I'm cool tho thanks for calling," odell said.

" No problem I'll talk to you later if you win this game," Lucus said.

" For sure Lucus talk to you later," Odell said.

" Aight O talk to later," Lucus said hanging up.

Once I hung up I put my phone down and looked at Lexie still peacefully sleeping on my chest. Not long after my phone started ringing again and it was my manger David so I answered.

" Yo big O I know your game starts at @6 but the media want some before footage of you warming up and do couple more interviews now so you need get down here," David said.

" Look I'm handling something right now. I'll be there the time I'm suppose to be there @4. It's @2 and I'm handling family stuff right now," Odell said.

" Odell what family stuff your family not even here your girlfriend is. She be okay bring her with you stop whatever it can't  be that important.

We need you face in these camera. It's good look for you before you go in meetings with Nike to discuss your money and branding of your shoes," David said.

" LOOK YOU DONT KNOW WHATS IMPORTANT OR WHAT GOES ON IN MY PERSONAL LIFE YOU HADLE MY BUSINESS. I'll handle what I need handle at @4 if can't wait until then Fuck it like I said I'm busy," Odell said hanging up his phone.

I wouldn't dare leave Lexie right now she needs me. Something is just important than media and showing my face. I just put my phone back on nightstand and completely turned it off.

Everything I need is right in this room. Hell everything I need is right here in this bed on my chest. I just continued to watch her sleep as I stroked her hair. I really hate to know she hurting.