song yunhyeong - "odd eye" ✰

you grabbed the white thin cloth and gently placed it on top of the dainty glass dish. you were so afraid of breaking the beautiful piece of glass as you brushed all of the build-up of dust off of it. a state of complete focus was needed for a task like this, and you were the girl for the job.

a quiet ding was heard at the front of the room, signaling a customer had just entered the old worn cottage. "welcome!" you shouted from across the room.

you didn't pay any attention to the long slender man who had entered the same building as you. your only focus and priority was the dainty dish that was proudly placed in the middle of the store.

the young man who had entered the store earlier tapped your shoulder, "ma'am?" he chirped.

you jumped in shock and tightened the grip on the plate to prevent it from dropping. "yes sir?" you said and placed the dish back on the glass case with a sigh.

he shoved a cute teacup in front of your face, "how much is this?"

not paying much attention to the male you gripped the little, pink, rough teacup and twirled towards the cash register, "i don't know sir. but let's find out."

-

the thick drops of rain hit the only window in the store. the dark atmosphere matched your current mood. no one had come into the store today, not even the slender young man from 2 weeks ago. you never got a chance to properly analyze his face. to be honest you don't think you even made eye contact with him on that saturday afternoon.

you rested your head on the wooden table that was filled with nothing but the cash register. you grumbled in your arms, "i can't believe mrs.yoon left me alone today. she said because it was raining she had to stay in today because she just did her hair." you slammed your hands down on the table, which caused the cash register to jump. "it's the 2000's we're not cavemen. she could've always come in with a coat over her head to protect her hair."

your aggressive rant left you in a short breath and you started to wheeze. you groaned and patted your chest to calm your breathing. "this is absolutely insane. i should close up early."

you sauntered from behind the desk with just the cash register to the coat rack at the front of the store. you grabbed it gently and pushed your arms through, "work at an antique store they said. it'll be fun they said."

just as you were about to exit the place full of wonders, you released your hand from the rusted door knob and turned your attention to the beautiful dish.

a warm smile hung loosely off your lips as you admired every piece of the plate. the plate was a pearly white with a pink marble-like pattern that absolutely took your breath away. the smile on your face was both in admiration and in sadness, you desperately wanted the dish for your mom. you wished to get the dish for her rustic house in the countryside. it was hard for her when you moved out to the city but nevertheless, you persisted and made your own living in the loud noisy city.

you finally tore your eyes from the beauty and went outside the door to lock the place up. just as you were about to twist the key to lock the place the young slender man came running towards you. his feet made loud splashes in the huge puddles formed on the ground from the previous raining state of the city. "ma'am!" he shouted and stopped in front of you. "i'm so sorry but is it too late to go into the shop."