kim jinhwan - "dawn of us"

part 3 to "i don't like your girlfriend" and "busan"

the crisp air hit your face as you stepped off the train and set down you luggage. "damn it's so cold." you slightly chuckled, "it was cold when i left and now it's cold when i come back."
you said as you shivered. you looked around to see if you could spot hanbin. "he isn't here yet." you said and mentally groaned. great he isn't here i'm hungry and cold.

you texted hanbin real quick 'i'll be waiting for you at the dorm since you aren't here yet'

-

you pulled out your stuff from the car and thanked the driver. "have a nice day." you said smiling. the driver drove off and you stretched, "god his car was so crammed." you started making your way up to the dorm of the boys . once you had gotten to the door you knocked and hopped one of the boys would be there. as soon as the door opened you heard the voice you were hopping not to hear too soon . "i didn't think you guys would get back so- (y/n)?"

you didn't know what to say so you just said, "surprise?"

jinhwan looked at you up and down. "come in you must be freezing i swear. i don't know why it's so cold today it's usually warm this time of year."

-

jinhwan handed you a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket. he scratched his head and seemed to try to a conversation but failed and kept stumbling over his words.

"if you want to say something then just say jinhwan? i mean there's nothing that you could say that would make this more awkward."you said while eyeing him and sipping some of the warm substance out of your cup.

"a-are you and hanbin dating?" jinhwan said with a red face that matched his glowing red ears.

youset down your cup and deadpanned. "of course we are."

jinhwan looked down in disappointment. "oh."

a smile grew on your face and you laughed with joy. "y-you actually believed that?"
he quietly nodded embarrassment showing on the boy's face. "no, we aren't. but he really should get over me.
i almost feel like the bad guy for not returning his feeling."

jinhwan smiled "does that mean i still have a chance?"

"w-what?" you said flustered not expecting jinhwan to be so straightforward.

jinhwan made his way over from the couch he was on to the couch you were on. "kiss me."

"jinhwan don't say that."

"i mean it kiss me."

"jinhwan, stop, please. you have no idea what you're saying."

"did you lie about loving me? is it possible that you found someone else in busan? you were with taeyong...weren't you?"

you looked down at your lap and stayed silent. you couldn't speak because then the guilt would wash over you as soon as you said something. you knew your voice would crack and your eyes would water.

"(y/n)? please? did you lie about loving me?"

"n-no."