song yunhyeong - "promise"

yunhyeong's eyes fluttered opened and was welcomed with the sight of you staring at him lovingly. he didn't know how to react to this, at first his first thought was to say good morning but he was scared of what you would say back.

so instead, yunhyeong grasped your hand and started to play with your finger. he didn't say anything and just sat in the deafening silence.

"you're thinking something." you said as you looked on the boy whom you thought you fell in love with.

yunhyeong mumbled, "how did we end up talking?"

you sighed, "i don't exactly remember anymore."

yunhyeong nodded at your statement and let a sad smile take over his face, "you know what i'm thinking right?"

you slowly nodded and hid your face in your pillow.

"i know you don't want to think of it, but i think it's time." yunhyeong said softly.

you turned your head back to face him, "why? why do we have to end it?"

yunhyeong has to stop himself from placing kisses all of your face and reassure you that he wanted to be with you forever and for this feeling in his chest to never end, but that's not what he said. instead he decided to put a stop to it, "our entertainment companies will find out soon enough."

you sat up too, "yunhyeong. you made the promise and you can't just break it."

yunhyeong stood up and gathered his clothes from the floor. he ran his fingers through his hair and mumbled under his breath, "maybe promises are made to be broken."

you frowned, "what the hell yunhyeong! our whole fucking relationship was based off promises."

yunhyeong smiled at you bitterly and shoved his clothes into a plastic bag he found in your room, "exactly. (y/n) what i'm trying to say is that maybe our relationship was meant to be broken."

you refused to back down, "why the sudden change? what happened to 'i promise to protect you no matter what' or 'even if yg tried to tear us apart i promise i'll find a way around it'? what happened to you being in love with me as much as i am in love with you?"

yunhyeong closed his eyes and tapped his foot on the ground sternly, "if stone finds out that we're together then what are you going to do? your solo career will be taken away from you just like that."

you hugged yunhyeong, "i don't care about my career anymore i want to be with you!"

yunhyeong removed your arms that were so tightly wrapped around him, "enough is enough! you can't be selfish you have to think of your fans."

those words made you snap and you finally let the tears fall down from your eyes, "you can't leave me. why can't i be selfish? just for once. i want to be happy, i want to be happy with you for fucks sake yunhyeong! don't leave me. i'm in love with you so much that hurts when we're apart. so please...stay with me. i don't want to suffer."

yunhyeong didn't say anything and made his way to your bedroom door, "it's because we're idols that i can't stay. i'm sorry, but goodbye."

and when you heard the slamming of the front door you shut down. everything in your body. shut. down.

you didn't feel anything but pain swelling in your chest. you sat down on the ground and cried. because that's all you could do.

eventually, the crying grew into screaming and wailing. you didn't care anymore, he was gone.

and all because your damn relationship was built on too many promises.

word count: 612