kim jinhwan - "busan"

"i don't like your girlfriend" - part  1

"dawn of us" - part 3

your mind was clouded by the thought of jinhwan. why did he have so much of an effect on you? no matter how you looked at it jinhwan made your heart beat faster than when you ran for the track team. the way his lips would curve into a smirk from the way his eyes crinkled to when he smiled and back to his caring personality. it was no wonder that he had a girlfriend that absolutely loved him to death.

you scrolled through your last conversation with him.

[you]
hey, jinhwan do you want to watch a movie with me at my house?

[jinhwan 💘]
can't

[you]
why?

[jinhwan 💘]
yoojung doesn't want me with you alone

[you]
what if i invite hanbin too? would that make yoojung more comfortable?

[jinhwan 💘]
we just scheduled a date today :/

[jinhwan 💘]
hanbin, you, and i can hang out another time

at this point, it was always her. you wanted to give up your feeling for him and never turn back, but your heart refused to let go of "your man" that easily.

so you dialed hanbin's phone number.

"hello? this is hanbin speaking"

"i want to move back to busan." you said shakily

hanbin stayed silent on the other line for a while, "what brought this on (y/n)?"

you clicked your tongue in annoyance "i miss my family." you said pursing your lips after you let the lie slip from your mouth.

hanbin sighed "why don't you just visit them then?"

"seoul isn't for me hanbin. if you're worried about missing me i can always visit you guys whenever i find the time." you took a deep breath and continued "plus taeyong oppa has already offered me a spot as a dance instructor in busan."

hanbin sounded shocked and shouted happily, "you're going to work for taeyong hyung?"

you nodded and then realized that hanbin couldn't see you. "yes i am."

you could feel hanbin smiling from the other side of the phone, "that's my girl."

-

"ladies and gentleman the next train will be running 10 minutes late to busan."

you groaned as you shivered. you never expect it to be this cold today, so you didn't bother bringing a jacket with you.

you rubbed the sides of your arms rapidly hoping that some warmth would be provided in the action. your efforts proved to me useless because someone placed their oversized coat on top of your shoulders.

"why are you here?" you stated coldly and you surely didn't bother to look back at jinhwan. you knew that once you made eye contact with him you would start to regret your decision to go back home to busan.

"i broke up with her." he said so monotonously.

he broke up with her? but for what? you but your lip to prevent a smile to appear on your face. you took a while to answer back to his statement, but once you held your composure you spoke again. this time you carefully choose your words because you knew that diction and syntax mattered in a situation as dire as this one.

"to what? be with me? jinhwan this isn't some cheesy fan fiction. if you think that i'm going to stay here and be with you...you're gravely mistaken."

jinhwan tried to grasp your hand but you refused and pushed him off.

jinhwan has an unreadable expression on his face but he continued to speak words anyway. "(y/n), don't be like that. i love you and i realize that now."

"they always realize before it's too late." you said and swiftly took off his jacket and handed it back to him. the tension was obvious and was heavy enough to crush 20 elephants.

he said nothing so you continued to meekly choked out words "well i hope you are aware now jinhwan that you've realized your feelings a little too late. scratch that you're super late. i'm not weak, and i don't need someone like you to take care of me. i'm perfectly capable of living life on my own. i should have realized moving here in Seoul, just to be with you and go to that stupid dance school, was a mistake. and now you can sit here on your ass realizing that you messed up. now good riddance and have a good life. i hope you find someone that made you as equally as happy as you USED to make me."

hanbin came from behind you to cut the conversation to a close and took your hand. "if you excuse us hyung but i have to escort her back to busan."

-

you stared out the window looking at all the green outside. the tear stains were on your face and you didn't bother to wipe them off.

hanbin sat there and looked ready to say something but quickly shut his mouth.

"say it hanbin."

"what? i have nothing to say."

"tell me what you were going to say hanbin-ah. nothing you say can break me more than his words towards me."

he looked at your tear stained face and dabbed it lightly on your face. "(y/n) what you did was very brave, i'm so proud of you. honestly, don't worry about him. that isn't a healthy crush anyway." he grasped your hands and placed them in his own "and i'm sure you'll find someone who loves you more than he did."

"you're not implying something, are you?" you said sighing, "i've had enough of romance for now. plus i still have to deal with taeyong, apparently after i left he was upset because he never got to confess to me."

hanbin let your words register "maybe i am, but that can wait. i want you to heal and move on from him and then you can think about me. first, worry about yourself you're not in the right mind in your current state."

you gave the most genuine smile you could ever give in a while. "i'll learn to love again. i swear."

Word Count:1.01k