Turn 2: Ralph vs Star part 1

"Shine Forth! Rising Lionet (5,000)!"

"Blaze Forward! Lizard Soldier Conroe (5,000)!"

Ralph and I already talked about this when we were doing the mulligan and determined I was to take the first move, and that Edge would be our 'announcer'.

(Star starts)
"To kick off this battle is Star, let's see what he does he first." I picked a card from my hand and flung it to the <V> circle. "I ride! Knight of Morning Shadow, Kimarcus (8,000)!" The <V> circle glowed a bright yellow before the number 8,000 floated up in the air.

"Next I'll call Rising Lionet to the bottom middle circle and pass the turn." I slid Rising Lionet downwards, causing a line of green arrows to appear, leading to the spot I designated, and then the number 5,000 appeared above. "A very basic start from Star, now let's see how Ralph reacts." Ralph nodded and drew his next card.

Star: Hand: 5, Damage: 0, Soul: 0

Ralph: Hand: 6, Damage: 0, Soul: 0

(Ralph's turn)
"I'll kick things off by riding into Dragon Partner, Monica." He placed Monica on the <V> circle, causing it to glow red and reveal an 8,000. "Using the forerunner skill of Soldier Conroe to call it back and use it to boost for an attack." The green arrows appeared once again, and then the number 5,000 before showing us 7,000 + 5,000 = 12,000, then pointing red arrows toward Kimarcus. From the middle of the guardian circle shined up in the air that glowed red, 12,000 vs 8,000.

"I don't guard." I said, causing the stats up above to shift into the words, 'attack successful' then disappear. "Drive check, no trigger." He added the card to his hand before gesturing to me, "damage check, no trigger."

"Alright, that's Ralph's turn coming to a close, now we take up spotlight with Star again." Edge said with a ridiculous smile on his face. I nodded and picked up my next card.

Star: Hand: 6, Damage: 1, Soul: 0

Ralph: Hand: 6, Damage: 0, Soul: 0

(Star's turn)
"I ride Knight of Dawnlight, Jago, and then call to the top left circle another copy." Both the <R> and <V> circle glowed yellow and displayed the numbers 10,000 above them.

I closed my eyes and imagined Cray once more. It was a beautiful field with mountain sides in the distance, tame flowers, clear rivers, and finally Monica staring at me with a smile. I looked over to Jago, who was wearing blue armor instead of gold, and held out my hand, "first up is the Rearguard Jago!" In the sky of Cray the stats appeared once more, 10,000 vs 7,000.

"No guard." Monica said as Jago brought down his axe, causing Monica/Ralph to let out a grunt and stumble backwards. "Damage check, nothing." Monica/Ralph stood back up with uneven breath before preparing for the next attack.

I picked up my axe and charged at them as golden balls of energy found their way inside me, "with a boost from Rising Lionet, I attack the vanguard." The stats once again appeared right above us, 15,000 vs 7,000.  "I won't guard." Ralph said once more as I brought the axe down in an executioner style. "Check one, nothing," I said as I watched Ralph fly backwards while letting out a small scream. "Damage check, nothing." Ralph stood back up with a small grunt I saw him smile, "My turn, draw."

Star: Hand: 6, Damage: 1, Soul: 1

Ralph: Hand: 7, Damage: 2, Soul: 0

(Ralph's turn)
"I'll start off by riding into Glow Heater Dragon and revealing The Destiny." A flaming tornado engulfed Monica as his form started changing, then D.O.T.D appeared behind the tornado before Glow Heater Dragon roared the flames away. A giant red 10,000 appeared behind Glow Heater Dragon, then Burning Horn Evolute rose up out of a rune to the left of Glow Heater Dragon, also displaying a number, a 9,000.