Turn 34: Even More!

Okami and Star stepped into the newest restaurant that Carol Naumi just so happened to work at. They were greeted by the wonderful smell, depending on who you ask, of lavender and roses, a romantic pink hue coming from the lighting complimented the red velvet walls and floors.

Okami: "I did not expect this from a place your aunt works at."

Star nodded, surprised as well and a little embarrassed. This was obviously a romantic restaurant and he expected his first time visiting one would be with Skye, not his former teacher.

Carol: "Hello you two, I'm assuming-"

Carol stopped mid-sentence when she saw Okami on her feet and her beloved nephew here, together, a week after he disappeared.

Carol: "Well, I have so many questions but I'll just ask, a seat for two?"

Okami and Star nodded, following Carol over to a seat near the back of the restaurant.

Carol: "Alright, what'd you two want to drink?"

Carol reached into her apron and pulled out a mini notebook and pen. The student and teacher both ordered a water. As Carol stepped away with their order of drinks the two of them turned to each other and began their discussion.

Okami: "So Star, where have you been?"

Star: "I'm sure you wouldn't like to hear why I've been gone."

Okami: "Why not?"

Star: "Because I'd just disappoint you."

Okami: "Huh? Star, I'd never be disappointed in you."

Star: "No, you will be... The reason I disappeared was because I thought Skye cheated on me and turned to the dark side."

Okami: "Oh, well then. What do you plan on doing now?"

Star: "I plan on paying for my sins."

Okami: "What sins, you're as innocent as a honey bee."

Star: "Okami, whether you believe it or not I've done terrible things. In fact my very existence will bring the end to many."

Okami: "Star, stop this talk."

Before Star could talk back Carol had returned with the waters.

Carol: "Alright Star, where've you been and why are you here with your ex teacher, and even a bigger question is why can Okami walk?"

Star sighed heavily and told both Carol and Okami a short version of what he had learned, Dark Insight, and what he's been doing and how exactly he planned to do.

Carol: "Out of the god dang question! I will not allow yourself to-!"

Okami silenced Carol by rising her hand and covering Carol's mouth.

Okami: "Listen, Carol. I don't like this plan as much as you do, but if this is what Star wants then as his teacher I have to encourage him."

A sad look washed over Carol's face as she looked back at her nephew, no longer was she looking at the young toddler she took care of, but rather a young adult who knew exactly what he wanted to do.

When all was said and done Star took his leave, knowing this was one of the last time he could see them. Carol still had around an hour of work left and asked Star to go take care of her babies, which he happily agreed to, eager to see his two cousins again.

...
(Fast forward)
...

Star knocked on the door to Carol's home, waiting for the young faces of Nicole and Brandon, smiling at the thought of their expressions.

The door slid open and Nicole, who was dressed in an Eevee onesie and yawning, was about to yell at who it was until she realized who it was.

Her face paled and there was an awkward wait. Star was about to say hello until he was sucker punched in the gut, bringing him to his knees.

Nicole: "How dare you show up after all this time! Did you have any clue on how much suffering my brother and I went through as we thought you were dead! I hate you, your very existence, your guts, everything about you!"

Nicole shoved Star in the stomach again and ran inside, leaving a Star in agony and a very confused Brandon there.

Brandon: "Star."

Brandon slowly walked towards the door and knelt in front of Star.

Brandon: "Star, is that you?"

Brandon wrapped a hand around Star's back and helped him up.

Star: "Yeah. It's me, ya boi."

Brandon let out a deep sigh and dropped Star, walking back inside the house.

When Star finally recovered from the sucker punch he made his way inside to see Brandon groaning in a corner and Nicole snuggling a pillow, curled up in a ball on the couch.

Star: "You two alright?"

Nicole: "How could you disappear like that?"

Brandon: "I can't believe you Star, we've been through so much pain."

Star: "I'm sorry you two, listen, how about I take you guys shopping tomorrow."

Nicole: "Star, I'm not an idiot. What are you planning?"

Star: "I'm not planning anything, I swear."

Brandon: "Star. Be honest with us, you're planning something stupid aren't you?"

Star: "I swear I'm not."

Nicole and Brandon both shot their gazes at Star and ran up, smacking him.

Brandon & Nicole: "Shut up Star! Tell us!"

Star was left speechless, both with their reactions and their angry expressions.

Star: "Fine, I was planning to leave again."

Nicole: "What! Why?!"

Star: "Truth be told, I feel my life slipping away from me and the last thing I want to do is to pay for my sins."

Brandon: "Sins?"

Star: "I caused to much suffering, two days from now I'll finish the battle I started with Requiem a long time ago."