Turn 33: More Reunions

The time was around three in the afternoon when Star decided to head back to his parents apartment. There was no doubt in his mind that they missed him deeply, he was their first child after all but to him they were complete strangers. He spent his whole life thinking they were dead only to find out that they weren't, that made it awkward between them.

???: "Huh, wait, is that you Star?"

Star stopped dead in his tracks and turned to the source of the voice. It belonged to a middle aged woman with a slightly slumped back, wispy hazel hair, foggy grey eyes, and wearing a silver robe over her street clothes.

Star: "Hey there, it's nice to see you again."

Star bowed which caused the landlady to smile and place a hand on top of his head.

???: "Nice to see you too Star, and you're just in time, your parents barely got back from their date."

Star nodded and headed over to the D district of the complex, wishing the landlady a good afternoon and breaking into a jog.

???: "Such a nice kid, maybe I should do something for his  seventeenth birthday."

As Star dashed his way up the steps to the third floor plenty of thoughts flowed through his mind. The most worrying of which was what would his parents do to him.

Star: "Voltro, Nicolé, I'm home."

Star called out, waiting for an answer but there was none. Star let out a deep sigh and took a moment to catch his breath and shrug off all his excess clothing.

Star: "I wonder where they could-"

Star stopped himself mid sentence when he heard his parents laughing in their room, no wonder they didn't hear him, they were having fun whatever they were doing.

Star walked into the main room of the apartment and leaned over the baby's crib, smiling softly when he saw his baby brother.

Star: "Hey there Lucas, it's nice to see you again."

Star gently picked up his baby brother, who let out a cheerful laugh when Star had picked him up, and fell backwards onto the couch. He continued to rock the baby back and forth as he stared out the window and into the sky.

???: "I thought I heard someone out here."

Star turned his attention to the entrance of the corridor and he saw Nicolé with tears in her eyes staring at him. She was soon joined by Voltro who let out a gasp when he saw his kin.

Star: "H-Hey there Nicolé, Voltro."

Star set Lucas down on the couch and stood up only to be tackled into a hug by his mother. This was the first time that Star noticed it, but he had grown from his time with Requiem. He used to be the same height as his mother and father, but now he was standing a full head and a half taller than them.

Nicolé: "I thought you died!"

Nicolé buried her head in her son's chest as the waterworks started spilling out. Next Star's father stepped forward and smiled, only ruffling his son's hair and walking behind him to pick up Lucas.

Voltro: "It's been a while Star, I'm happy to see you again."

Star's expression darkened and he lowered his head, uttering a single 'yeah, I bet you did'.

Voltro: "Is something the matter Star?"

Star snapped out of his daze and nodded his head.

Star: "I'm perfectly fine, just a bit tired. Anyway, I was gonna head over to Aunt Carol, I'm assuming she's still at work?"