Turn 8: Mirror Match part 2

Star: Hand: 6, Damage: 3, Soul: 2

Zack: Hand: 6, Damage: 4, Soul: 1

(Zack's turn)
"So, you thought that the real fight started on your turn huh? Don't get ahead of yourself." Zack stated as another card added itself from his hand. "So, we might both play Gurguit, but I don't play Golden Hy Sword." Zack smiled before stabbing his lance into the floor and materializing a card in his right hand. "The sun continues to burn. Along with the lives of the courageous warriors. I ride! Sunrise Ray Knight, Gurguit (11,000)!" His lance burned away as the sun started falling behind his ever shifting form. I could only see an online of his body until his eyes opened up to reveal a golden fire, then he gripped his sword with both hands and he pointed it at me causing the sun to rise back up and leaving him in a small circle of fire.

"Paying the cost to stride using Dawning Knight, Gorboduc." He pointed towards the sky where a card was desending into an open hole, and then a bright flash of multiple colors filled the air. I was blinded to say the very least, but when I could finally see once again I saw another Gurguit just waiting there. "This card is known as Holy Sword of Heavenly Law Gurguit, but I'm not going to show you what it does yet, mostly because I still have my Gurguit's on-stride skill. Counterblast one and I have access to the top four cards of my deck, I call one of them and they get two thousand, but the others are shuffled back in."

Four cards appeared before Zack, but he wasn't looking at any of them, instead his eyes were closed and he was humming a song, a song I could have sworn I heard before. "Calling the Knight of Remaining Sun, Henrinus (9,000 + 2,000 = 11,000)." The Knight appeared on his right holding his shield out, ready to strike. "Henrinus' GB-1 skill, soulblast one and counterblast one in order to look at top three and call one, then since I have a Gurguit vanguard the unit called gains three thousand, the rest go to the bottom in the order I choose."

Three cards appeared in front of Zack and once again he closed his eyes and hummed, what was that blasted song? "Calling Dexxgal to the bottom left and using it's skill (6,000 + 3,000 = 9,000), since it's called from my deck I can use the same ability as Henrinus, but no cost and the unit called gains two thousand." Once more, three cards appeared in front of him and he shut his eyes. "This will do, join me in welcoming Knight of the Faint Sun, Marcia (8,000 + 2,000 = 10,000)."

This was the power of Gold Paladins, calling your friends from beyond your hand, them answering the call of duty from far away and rushing to your side. It reminded me of how all of us were, in Neo Generation we always ran to the other's side when they needed it, this was the reason why I play Gold Paladins.

"Rising Lionet's skill, into my soul and giving Marcia five thousand more and the ability to call the top three when she hits the vanguard, all at the cost of a counterblast (10,000 + 5,000)." Regardless, Unite was online so at the end he would shove Marcia safely into soul and countercharge.

"I'll end this quick, Gurguit's skill allows for a Counterblast, persona flip, and discarding. Now he has a Unite skill that when he attacks he can look at the top seven, call one and shuffle the rest back inside the deck. As an added bonus, units I control gain two thousand for each face-up Gurguit G-Unit in my G-Zone." His entire field glowed a bright yellow, and then Henrinus charged towards Regan, "tell me, will you save her this time?" The sword was already so close to her, and the fact that it was 14 vs 9, I couldn't guard without wasting cards. "No," I said as I shut my eyes, trying not to here her scream, "I'm not guarding."

I opened my eyes to see Zack walking up to me, "listen Star, you command an army here, and if you can't take a single loss, then you should just quit." The top seven cards appeared in front of him and he tapped one and threw it towards Henrinus' position, before rushing me down, sword ready to strike my chest.