Turn 22: Realization

"Hey Skye? You okay in there?" Ezekiel knocked on his sister's door, muffled crying coming from the other side. "Go away Ezekiel." Skye said, voice broken and bearly audible. "Come on sis, just unlock the door." Ezekiel asked, his voice soft and filled to the brim with worry. Ezekiel always thought himself as Skye's father, ever since their real one passed away.

Ezekiel waited a couple more seconds before he finally had enough. He couldn't take hearing his sister cry anymore, it was painful to hear. "Fine, I'm coming in." Ezekiel slipped a hand in his pocket and pulled out a silver key, inserting said key into the brass lock and twisting it. A quiet click was heard and Ezekiel twisted the knob, only to grow even more hurt when he saw the state his sister was in.

It has been around a week since Star ran off and disappeared, Skye thought he was dead and it was all her fault. She couldn't forgive Edge for what she had thought he had done, and she didn't want to face the Naumi family for what she had done. Her room, despite keeping the same teal color, had grew darker over the weak. Her lamp was turned off and the curtains were covered with a black, hefty blanket. The entire room was filled with darkness, the only source of light coming from the open door Ezekiel was standing in, but that was all. The room was freezing cold, to the point where Ezekiel's breath was coming out as mist. The sheets on the heart-shaped queen sized bed was thrown off, her teal pillows were stripped of their pillow case and from what Ezekiel could see they were stained with countless tears.

Skye was even worse than the room. Her long, teal hair seemed to lose it's color and was all of the place like bed hair. Her eyes were bloodshot and had bags under them, there was also tear stains all over her cheeks and her skin had taken a paler color. She was pretty much bones at this point, and Ezekiel could only guess that was from the lack of sleep, food, and water. She wore only black shorts, a long blouse that fell past her rear, and the silver jacket Star had given her when they started dating. The jacket was longer than her, around the same length as the blouse she wore right now.

"Skye? What happened?" Ezekiel asked, taking a seat down next to her weak form. "S-Star." Skye stuttered out, then quickly stopped herself. "Star did all this to you? What did he do!" Ezekiel exclaimed, standing up and looking g down at her with his brows furrowed. When she didn't respond Ezekiel stood up and was about to stomp away until Skye grabbed him by the arm "NO!" She yelled, "It's not his fault. He caught me..." She strayed off and shook her head, "nevermind."

"What did you do?" Ezekiel's voice went back to the soft, brotherly tone Skye was used to. "I, might've cheated on him with Edge." Skye's voice fell silent when she was nearing the end of her sentence, but Ezekiel still caught every word of it. "Wait, you cheated on him? But I thought you loved him?" That's when Skye snapped, and that's when Ezekiel understood everything. "I did! And I still do! But I have no clue what happened. One second I was in Star's arms, kissing him and the next I'm in Edge's arms with Star by the door."

Ezekiel nodded and stood back up, "okay, I think I know what happened." This caught Skye's attention, causing her to sit up and look at her brother. "You remember Dark Union, correct?" Skye nodded, "well, from what we learned. Their main ability is Dark Insight, or D.I. and that gives them the power to manipulate reality and create illusions." Something clicked in Skye's mind, and she looked down, "are you saying, that Dark Union did all this? But why?"

The two siblings thought about it for a couple moments, but eventually gave up. "You know what, screw it. Let's just go meet up with Edge and Tora, explain what happened and get some ice cream?" Skye nodded with a smile and sighed, "sure, let me just go wash up."