Turn 16: Nicole Naumi

"So Star isn't back yet huh?" My mother asked Voltro while twisting her fork in her plate of spaghetti. "Yeah, and I'm really starting to worry." Voltro said closing his eyes and letting out a sigh. "Well don't! If I know my cousin, then he's strong and still out there! After all, Dark Union isn't a problem anymore." Brandon shouted, standing up and causing a scene.

When my brother noticed everyone staring at him he blushed and sat back down, "sorry for the outburst." He apologized, but Nicolé just raised her hand and laughed, "it's not a problem Brandon. I'm glad to know you trust my son that much." I smiled at Nicolé's heart warming voice and looked out to the window, imagining how Star was doing at the current moment. I bet he's at Card Universe with Edge.

"So how's your new friend Nicole?" I turned back to the table and saw everyone staring at me this time. A blush crept up on my face and I lowered my head, "you must be talking about Jackie, well. She's really beautiful and she likes Cardfight Vanguard like me, even though she is kinda bad at it. She has long, flowing golden locks and shimmering emerald orbs for eyes. She grew her hair out into a twin ponytail and has little cute cat ears, plus she has an adorable cat tail attached to her hips." I went on and on about Jackie that I didn't even see the sweat beads dripping down from everyone else and the steady crimson blush growing on my cheeks.

"Sounds like you have a crush." I snapped out of my daze and gave a 'huh'. "Oh come on, like you don't know." Mother said, causing me to stand up and shout out in defense, but that's when my flip phone rang and I excused myself.

When I made it to the hall I reached into my skirt pocket and pulled my phone out, seeing the caller ID as Jackie. My cheeks flared up as I remembered what my mother said. "Hey there Jackie. What's happening?" I asked while trying to calm my breathing. "Nothing much, and I hate to bug you this late but I wanted to ask you if we could hang out tomorrow?" Jackie asked in that innocent voice of hers. "Well, I'll see if I can, do you want to meet up at the park?"

At this point I had left the house and was sitting on the steps leading up to my mother's door, awaiting her answer. After a long, irritating moment of silence she finally came back and sounded happier than ever, "yeah! That's perfectly fine! See you later!" After that she hung up and I let out a heavy breath that I had been holding in that entire time.

"Who was that?" A familiar voice asked as the sound of heavy bootsteps came closer. I looked up and smiled once I saw Sapphire staring down at me. "Just a friend of mine, we wanted to hang out tomorrow and I just set up the meeting spot." I told her, scooting over so Sapphire can take a seat. "Huh, interesting. Did you set up a time?" I froze with what I can assume was the palest expression on my face. I hung my head in shame and Sapphire started patting my back, saying everything will figure itself out, and that's when my phone rang with an alert.

Sapphire and I looked at each other before we turned to my phone and saw it was from Jackie. I flicked it open and scrolled down to the message, 'does ten in the morning work?' I smiled and texted back it was okay before leaning backwards and staring up at the night sky. "Looks like you were right." I told Sapphire, causing her to let out a chuckle.

"Say, Nicole?" Sapphire started out, prompting me to turn up towards her. "I wanted to ask you, can you and Brandon hang out with Cass, Raven and me? You can bring Jackie and we were going to meet two old friends of ours." Sapphire asked. I thought about it for a second before shrugging and standing up, "sure, who are they anyway?" I asked, placing a hand on my hip and tilting my head. "Sophita and Samantha. You remember them, correct?" Sapphire stood back up and started walking off, "yeah, Emerald Mermaid and the Narukami user, right?" Sapphire gave me a thumbs up and walked off into the darkness.

(Timeskip)
I had remained outside for a few minutes just overlooking my Ezel deck, which was in a deck box attached to my hip, when I finally decided to head back inside. "What took so long?" Brandon said, startling me so bad I had dropped Ezel. "Oh, nothing much. I talked with Jackie for a small moment and then Sapphire came back asking us if we would like to join them." I had told him while picking up the cards I had let fall through my fingers. "What does she want us joining?" Brandon asked while we walked through the corridor of our home, making our way to our room. "Just to welcome back a couple old friends of ours. Samantha and Sophita."