Final Turn: Star vs Requiem

Shadow: "Star, are you ready?"

Star: "Yeah, I think so."

Seth: "Think so? We are going up against Requiem. You have to be one hundred percent sure about this."

Shadow: "Yeah, he's right you know. I honestly doubt Requiem is going to be a pushover."

Star: "Alright, fine. I'm positive I'm ready. Better?"

Seth: "Not really, but fine."

The two companions disappeared in a puff of grey smoke as Star continued his way up the spiraling staircase.

Requiem: "So here you are Star. I should've known you would've come."

Star stopped in his tracks. He was at the top of the staircase leaning against the door frame, smiling down at the albino haired teen.

Star: "Requiem, such a strange name to be honest."

Requiem: "Oh? And why is that."

Star continued up the staircase as Requiem backed away. They both stopped when Star hit the door frame where Requiem once stood.

Star: "It's a word that means the remembrance of something. That or a big gathering honoring the dead. I've given it so much thought as to why that's your name, and I think I know now."

Requiem: "You're wasting your breath, it's just a name with no meaning."

Star: "Maybe, but it could have a meaning as well."

Requiem narrowed his eyes, his hands turning into fists.

Star: "Listen, what I find strange is how you want everyone to treasure the life they have, such a strange goal."

Requiem: "Is it? I thought it was everyone's goal to achieve world peace and mutual understanding, and that is an easy way to reach that goal."

Star: "True, but something else I can't understand is why me? Why not my father, Edge, Ezekiel, anyone stronger than I am?"

Requiem: "Are we going to talk all day? Because this is just getting boring."

Star: "And if I say no?"

Star asked, tilting his head down and crossing his arms.

Requiem: "That's not an option Star."

Star: "What?"

Before Star could ask anymore questions a dark chain sprang from Requiem's wrist and attached it to Star's wrist, thorns piercing his skin and digging into his veins.

Star: "Gah, ah, damnit."

Star fell to the floor gripping his left wrist, right where the chains implanted themselves.

Requiem: "That's a chain linking us together, now there is some special rules here. We have to battle each turn we are able, and we have to attack the vanguard at least once. Oh, and if I win then I get to keep your body as my vessel."

Star: "And if I win?" He said agitated.

Requiem: "If you win then I die."

Star: "There's a catch, isn't there?"

Requiem: "Ah, you know me so well. If you win then I die, and you will be erased from existence."

Star: "And there is no turning this down, right? Because of this chain?"

Requiem: "Correct."

Star: "Fine, I guess I have no choice."

Seth: "Be careful Star."