Turn 3: Ralph vs Star part 2

Star: Hand: 9, Damage: 4, Soul: 1, F.D.D: 3

Ralph: Hand: 7, Damage: 4, Soul: 0, F.D.D: 1

(Ralph's stride)
"See, Star I could win right now, but I feel bad for using a Zeroth Dragon against you, so I won't." Ralph said as he payed the cost to stride once more, using the stride skill of Lava Flow Dragon. "Supreme Heavenly Emperor Dragon, Dragonic Overlord The Purge!" Ralph's main win condition exploded onto the field, before taking aim at me, "I flip a copy of self and move Dragonic Overlord The Destiny into the soul to deal you a damage, with triggers nullified of course." The three openings in his guns let loose three flaming bullets, hitting a direct hit on me, sending me backwards and onto the floor with a grunt. I laid there, weak and powerless as Ralph continued his plays. "I call another Burning Horn Evolute to the top right, and then another Lizard General Conroe to the bottom right." His field was symmetrical, with the same units on the left and right and The Purge in the center of it all.

"Burning Horn Evolute gains two thousand power for each damage you have, only if I have a grade 4 or higher vanguard." Ralph explained, so that means that both units gained ten thousand. "I finally won Star, you cannot stop me this time!" Ralph declared an attack against me using the first pair of Conroe and Burning Horn Evolute's, which was 26,000 vs 11,000.

"I guard with Silent Punisher, Kimarcus and Dexxgal." I said as I stood back up, this brought my power up to 31,000, enough to guard.

"Next is my Purge attacking (26,000 vs 11,000) and if you don't remember, his drive checks is equal to your damage." I nodded, showing I knew about that and discarded a card, "sentinel," is all I said as I struggled to get back up. "Another one? Whatever." If Ralph got any triggers, I'm sure it would be game over for me, or at least if he got five triggers.

To save the time, he got two stands and a critical, standing both Conroe and Burning Horn Evolute and giving both stand's power to Burning Horn, then giving the critical and power to the other one.

"Attack, Burning Horn Evolute (36,000 vs 11,000)." I discarded the heal I kept from early game and Sleimy Flare came to my rescue. "I place Kimarcus at the bottom, this allows me to look at the top five cards from my deck and call two cards from there with different grades, shuffle the rest back in." Slemiy seemed to be waiting on it's friends, and I was happy to deliver with another Jago and Ketchgal, making it 36,000 vs 41,000.

"My last attack for this turn, I attack with my last pair of Conroe and Burning Horn Evolute (31,000 vs 11,000)." He finally thought he got me with that, and if it wasn't for Gurguit's skill he might've actually done it, "Gurguit's unite skill, I can use any card from my field as a shield because they get intercept and they can intercept from back row." I explained as Dexxgal, Henrinus, Knight of Far Arrow, and Silent Punisher from hand guarded, 31,000 vs 36,000.

"The thing about you Ralph, is that you think it's ever going to be easy, especially against me. Respect your opponent and never underestimate them, study them and learn how their deck works. If you WERE to go into the Zeroth Dragon, you might've won, but you didn't." I explained as I drew my final card.

Star: Hand: 3, Damage: 5, Soul: 1, F.D.D: 3

Ralph: Hand: 10, Damage: 4, Soul: 0, F.D.D: 1

(Star's stride phase)
"I pay the cost to stride." I closed my eyes as I searched for the final card to end this all, I knew he had at least three grade 1's, so that gave him thirty thousand shield. "The brightness of the first light will repel the darkness of despair. I stride! Master Swordsman of First Light, Gurguit Helios!" This was my win condition, this was the card that's going to end the fight, "calling Kimarcus to the bottom middle and Jago to the top right." I mainly did this to use the unite skill of Gurguit Helios. "Flip a copy of self since I'm unite, and now I have another drive check."

I raised my sword and walked over to D.O.T.D, then a jog, and finally a run, "I attack your vanguard with a boost from Kimarcus, and since I'm GB-3 Gurguit gains five thousand for each Rearguard and you cannot guard with grade 1's or higher (44,000 vs 11,000)." Even if he were to guard with three triggers, I'd still be passing. He'd need at least 35,000 shield for trigger to pass. He realized this and didn't guard. I checked the first one, critical, critical to Vanguard while power to Jagi. Second one, nothing. Third one, stand, power to Jago. Last one, critical." I stabbed D.O.T.D right through, causing it to disappear in a pile of red dust, and my units standing victorious.

Winner Star Shado.

Both me and Ralph wanted as we looked over the final board, I was ready to pass out, but Skye didn't let me. "Hold it Star." She said catching me before I fell over, "you still have to tell me my gift, so no passing out yet." She wore an innocent smile, but behind that was the eyes of someone I didn't want to mess with. I love Skye with all my heart but I swear after the events in the spiral she's become a different person. I looked over to Edge for some help, but he just shrugged me off and walked over to Tora.

"Fine, but only because I'm too tired to deal with you right now." I joked, which cause both Ralph, Skye and Robyn to smile. "Okay, with a little help from your brother, I managed to rent out a cabin near a beach for the rest of next week." I told her, which caused Skye to drop me in shock and Robyn, being the first person she was, to catch me before my head slammed onto the fight table, "really!" Skye yelled with sparkles shining in her eyes. This caught the attention of everyone else who didn't hear us. "What happened Star?" Edge said as he sat me down on the couch, "I just told Skye I rented out a cabin near a beach for next week." Everyone was shocked, much similar to Skye, "wait? How'd you even get the money to do something like that?" Tora asked with a confused look, "I had a little help from her brother." They all gave a slight 'ah' to show they understood everything now, but what happened next is what caught me off guard.

"Can we come with you!" Ralph yelled in excitement, this caused an avalanche of people to start asking me if we had room for them, the only people to not ask actually was Edge, Shun, and Robyn. "Of course you can!" Skye said in a cheerful voice as she started explaining that the entire group would just make things even more interesting. "Let me guess, you were hoping to spend some alone time with Skye right?" Edge said as he sat down next to me and held out a Coke.

I nodded and took it from him, "yup. We haven't done anything special together, just the two of us yet. It's always been with Neo Generation and I was kinda hoping to be alone with Skye, plus, I can feel something is wrong with her, I just can't put my finger on it." I told Edge as he took a long sip out of his can, "yeah, I was thinking that actually." Edge commented as we both looked over at Skye, that's when I noticed that one of her eyes, the left one, was crystal like. It seemed like something had been done to it, but I couldn't tell what. Maybe the spiral actually?

I shook it off, I'd find out later anyway. "So what about you three? You want to come with us?" I asked all three who didn't answer. Robyn blushed and shook her head while holding up her hands, "no way! It's your special day with Skye!" Shun just lowered his hood to try to hide his blush, "same as Robyn, I've never seen you two alone anywhere, this might be good for only you two." I looked over to Edge and he simply answered with a smile, "nope, don't really like beaches, too much sun and plus, this IS a date of sorts for you two, just try not to do anything too mature." I punched Edge in the shoulder as hard as I can while he just laughed, "okay, but seriously no. I'd hate to intrude."

I was to hear all this to say the very least. I waved over at Jacob, Ralph, and Tora who were thanking Skye and wondering what the cabin would look like, "no matter how much I try, I don't think we'll be alone so please come over you three. I'll need more serious people over there." I begged them. They all looked over at each other and sighed, "fine." They all said as they started heading out, "we'll meet up here on Sunday night okay?" I explained to them, and they all gave me a thumbs up.