Turn 37: Star vs Edge

Finals are finally done.

Just as a note, the skills of the two fan Ezel cards have been changed. Even though I created them they've been bugging me ever since they first appeared, so I toned down/changed the skills or amped up the cost. 

The celebration for Star's birthday had died down, the only ones awake were Star, Edge, Skye, and Cass; Star and Edge sat at the balcony of Carol's apartment. Star dangling his feet over the edge of the rails and staring at the stars and Edge leaning against the rails, his back to them.

Star: "So, we leave tonight and should make it by dawn."

Edge nodded and looked back inside, towards the two females that were going to accompany them.

Edge: "Do you think defeating Requiem will save you?"

Star: "Hm, what do you mean?"

Edge: "Don't play dumb, both you and I know you're dying, Kage told me."

Star fell silent and so did Edge. Silence. Both of them preferred that over any other sound, it was the one they knew most when growing up.

Edge: "Would things have been different if I didn't join Tri Paladins?"

Star: "Maybe, but Tri Paladins has nothing to do with this outcome." 

Edge: "I know. Just. It's just that I don't want to lose you."

Star turned his head down to look at Edge and saw him shaking, but couldn't tell if he was crying because his hair was blocking his face.

Edge: "I've lost so many people in my life already. I've lost my parents, abandoned my sister, lost your father, and Ezekiel abandoned me. Sure, they came back and all, but I don't feel like I can trust them. Star, you're a little brother to me, I don't want to lose you."

Star sighed and smiled, happy that Edge considered him a brother.

Star: "Hey Edge, lets have that Cardfight now. Because when we leave we don't know what might happen."

There was a long pause, one second, two seconds, four seconds, so on and so forth until a minute had passed. Finally Edge pushed himself off the railing and stood on the far left of the balcony. Star turned around and jumped off the same railing, walking towards the far right. 

The two looked at each other, nodded, and silently asked their Dark Union members to create a playmat for them.

Star and Edge placed their vanguards on the Vanguard circle and started shuffling their decks. Placing the deck into the left hand's palm and pulling the middle to the top, then the bottom to the top and so on. They did this exactly seventeen times before placing the deck down and drawing the top five cards. 

The friends took a look at their cards and carefully analyzed the moves they could accomplish with that hand. Both of them put three cards back and shuffled the decks in the same style, seven times, and redrew. 

The bottom cards of their decks were Blaster Javelin, grade 1, and Flame Wind Lion, Wonder Ezel, grade 2.

Star & Edge: "Stand up, the vanguard."

*Star's starting*

Star drew for his first turn and rode Knight of Passion, Torre (7,000). He called Crimson Lion Cub, Kyrph to the bottom middle and passed his turn.

...
Star: Hand 5, Damage 0, Soul 0

Edge: Hand 5, Damage 0, Soul 0