Turn 21: Accepting Darkness

My breath was tagged as I finally stopped my running. At the time I started it didn't bother me at all, all that was going through my head was how could Skye and Edge betray me. I would've been okay with Skye leaving me and saying she was going with Edge, but I didn't think she was a two-timer.

I collapsed face down into the mud and flipped myself over, looking up at the sky as the heavy raindrops smacked me in the face. I covered my eyes and started panting heavily to  try to recover my breath which was gone, I was on the verge of passing out.

My phone was ringing like crazy, I could only assume it was from Skye because I wasn't going to pull it out now of all times. Still, if it wasn't raining I wouldn't have pulled it out, I couldn't talk to her right now.

"Shadow?Seth? Any of you here?" I asked, hoping, praying, begging for an answer, but got nothing. "Please! Of all the times to disappear this isn't one!" I yelled into the sky, "I want help! Advice! Something!!!" I was losing my nerve, like I was about to erupt like a volcano, but no one answered me.

I just laid there, sobbing in the mud as rain pelts me mercilessly. "Please... Someone answer..." I called again, nothing.

"Ezel... Garmore... Gurguit... Shadow... Seth..." Still nothing called back. For the first time in a long time I felt as if I was truly alone. No friends, no family, no cousins. No one was around.

"Please, just one answer." My voice was raspy and broken as I continued my begging, "just. One. Answer." I lost my voice completely at this point.

I attempted to stand up, to pick myself up but failed and fell onto my stomach, landing with a splash. "Maybe. If I can just make it back to Skye. Maybe she'll explain. Maybe I just reacted to drastically." These were my thoughts as I started crawling, but my body just gave up and it stopped responding to anything I tried.

"This is it huh? Of all the ways to go I never thought I'd go in a puddle of mud begging for an answer." I closed my eyes and just laid there defeated.

"Boy, you look so weak. Here, let me help you up." A feminine voice said, and with an umbrella over my head now she lifted me up and pulled my right arm over her neck. "What happened to you?" She asked, but I couldn't respond. I wouldn't even want to respond. "Well, if you stay out here than you're bound to catch a cold or something. How about I take you back to my place?" She asked, and yet again I didn't answer. "What's the point in answering? Shadow and Sethhave already left me, I think I knew that a while back. If I can't trust Edge and Skye, then can I trust the other's?" These were my thoughts as the girl dragged me off to her place.

*Three days later*

My head was splitting open as I woke up from my deep sleep. I groaned in pain as I sat up and rubbed the drowsiness from my eyes, scanning the room I was in. It was a bedroom of sorts, very girly to some degree. It was your standard sized bedroom, about 404 square feet, with the walls painted a dark blue and lavander flowers dotting some areas. The bed I was in was a queen sized one with lavander heart-shaped pillows and violet covers which I was tucked into. On the wall where the door was there was five bookcases, five shelves each, and it was filled to the brim with romance books like the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and such.

There was a desk next to me which was providing the only source of light since the black curtains covered the window, the light coming from a lamp with a heart shade. The carpet was softer than anything I had touched before, and finally there was a chair near the foot of the bed with a sleeping girl around my age sitting in it.

The girl, from what I could, was a head smaller than me and had white hair that fell all the way down to her hips and covered the left side of her face. Her skin was pale and looked too fragile, like one touch could break her. She wore a goth style dress, black lace gloves that stopped above her elbows, black heels with black lace stockings with those floral patterns, and a lace chocker necklace with a silver heart dangling down.