Turn 15: Gold vs Shadow part 3

Edge: Damage: 4, Hand: 6, Soul: 2

Star: Damage: 3, Hand: 9, Soul: 1, F.D.D: 1

...
Edge's turn/Tora's Pov
...

Without a second thought Edge took the top card of his deck and discarded it immediately, it was Blaster Dark Diablo. "Generation Stride," Edge once again took the top card of his deck and called it to the guardian circle, "You have your Spearcross Dragon, well this is my main dragon. Supremacy Black Dragon, Aurageyser Doomed."

Edge picked Charon and Dark Heart Trumpeter from his hand and revealed them to Star. "Calling my Charon to the bottom left circle and my Dark Heart Trumpeter to the bottom middle circle. Dark Heart Trumpeter's on call skill, when placed and I have a Blaster vanguard I may soul blast one and call a grade 1 or lower from my deck."

Edge got rid of Fullbau from his soul and looked through his deck, stopping at Knight of Yearning, Branven. "Calling Branven to the top left circle and then using the skill of Supremacy Black Dragon, Aurageyser Doomed. Counterblast one, flipping Aurageyser Dragon, and retiring three of my rearguards."

Edge picked up Charon and Branven and dropped them in the drop zone, "when retiring for a cost Charon counts as two." Edge then explained the rest of Doomed's skill, saying that he reveals the top two cards and if they're grade 1 or lower he gets to retire a unit Star controls for each of them.

Edge took the top two cards of his deck and lifted them up, not looking at what he had at that moment. "Before I do anything, I'm retiring Knight of Shadow Sword and Jeffrey." Edge flipped the two cards over and it was Branven and Karma Collector, two grade 1s, "the revealed cards go to my hand."

"Moving to battle phase and declaring an attack with Aurageyser Doomed boosted by Dark Heart Trumpeter (33,000 vs 11,000) and since I have three or more G-units face up, Doomed gets an additional critical."

Star tossed a Blaster Blade Spirit into the drop zone and guarded with Holy Mage, Alessia. "Nullify." Edge nodded once again and did his trigger checks. The first one was Grim Reaper, second was Karma Collector, and the final one was Dragwizard Babd, so he drew an additional card.

Edge: Damage: 4, Hand: 6, Soul: 1, F.D.D: 1

Star: Damage: 3, Hand: 7, Soul: 1, F.D.D: 1

...
Star's Turn/Skye's Pov
...

"I draw for turn." Star stared at the card in his hand for quite some time, so I peered over his shoulder and took a look for myself, it was the Gurguit Robyn gave him. "Well, this is the best time to declare it. Final Turn!" That caught the attention of Edge, making him smile and point his head down so he had to look up at Star.

"Paying the cost to stride." Star revealed Dawning Knight, Gorboduc, dropping it in drop zone and picking up Divine Gurguit. "Striding into Divine Gurguit and using his on call skill. If my generation break is 4 then I can counterblast two, soulblast one, flip a copy of any Gurguit stride, and discard a grade 3 unit from my hand." Star revealed his newly obtained Gurguit and put it into the drop zone.

"Next I retire all of my units and call up to five units from my deck." Star selected two Sunshine Knight, Jeffrey's and placed them on the bottom right and left, Rising Lionet and placed that onto the bottom middle, and two Golden Holy Sword, Gurguits.

"My vanguard receives two thousand for each I called." That was a plus ten thousand for Gurguit, and I think I know what happens next. "It's Unite skill activates now, I discard a card from my hand and now you cannot call grade 1s or higher to guardian circle and I gain an additional critical."

"Battle Phase! Divine Gurguit attacks (41,000 vs 11,000)." Edge sighed and took a look at his hand, I knew he didn't have enough shield. "No guard." Star smiled and pulled his first check, Alessia. He checked his second, Sunrise Ray Knight, Gurguit. His last check was Shaggy Rabbit, a heal which would do nothing special right now. "Power to my left Gurguit."

Edge nodded and checked his first card, Grim Reaper. "Power to Vanguard."

We all awaited patiently for what could potentially be Edge's last card. Tora sighed and walked next to Edge, laying her hand on top of Edge's and closing her eyes. "Draw!" They both yelled simultaneously. They opened their eyes in a dramatic fashion and held the card in the air, "heal trigger!"

Star and I were left speechless, but never the less he closed his eyes and ended his turn. He could have attacked with the left Gurguit, but with Babd in his hand and it being a grade 0, he could block it. All of us knew that Edge had claimed victory.

Edge: Damage: 5, Hand: 6, Soul: 1,

Star: Damage: 3, Hand: 3, Soul: 0, F.D.D: 3

...
Edge's turn/Tora's Pov
...

"It's been fun Star, but it's getting late and I want some sleep." Star nodded in agreement and closed his eyes. "Generation stride!" Edge yelled as I watched from behind him, eager to finally catch some shut eye and snuggle into Edge. "Phantom Blaster Dark, Absolute Diablo!" Edge then called two cards from his hand, Branven and Grim Reaper.

"Paying the cost of Absolute Diablo." Edge flipped two damage face down, discarded Deathspray Dragon, and flipped a copy of Absolute Diablo. "I retire every unit on the field besides the vanguards. Two or more units get retired and I get ten thousand power, four or more and you cannot guard with grade 1 or higher, six or more and an additional critical, eight or more and a quad drive." Edge had retired: Dark Heart Trumpeter, Grim Reaper, Branven, the two Gurguits, the two Jeffreys, and Rising Lionet, all that together equaled eight units retired.

"Game over, Absolute Diablo! Attack (36,000 vs 11,000)." The first card Edge had checked was another critical, placing it at three damage. Describing what happened next wouldn't be necessary, I'm sure you know what happens from here.

Winner: Edge Reyuki!