Turn 4: Back home

Star stopped at the door to his parents apartment room where they lived for the time being. Ever since the events in the spiral the Shado family started working on building a normal family, trying to put the past in the past. For some reason, Nicolé's hair and eyes started returning to their original chocolate color, but Star's had remained the snow white.

Star took a deep breath before reaching into his inner pocket and pulling out a key, looking at it for a while. He was barely reaching towards the door when it suddenly opened and he saw his parents in formal wear. His father, Voltro Naumi, was wearing a black tuxedo with a red tie and silk, black dress pants with leather dress shoes. His mother, Nicolé Shado, wore an ocean blue pencil dress with blue high heels and matching silk gloves, her hair was tied back into a ponytail and had on light pink lipstick.

Both parents smiled once they saw they're beloved son, but that didn't last long because the look on Star's face wasn't one they wanted to see. "Hey son? What's wrong?" Voltro asked as he put a hand on Star's shoulder and looked down at him. "Oh, it's nothing. Just personal stuff." Star replied as he gently pushed his father's hand off his shoulder. Nicolé and Voltro wore a worried look on their face when they noticed they're son's tome, "listen here Starry, it's over. Nothing bad will happen to us, to you, to your friends, or to Skye. So cheer up and stop thinking about Seth." Nicolé said with a motherly tone and look.

Star looked down at the floor, even though he knew his parents were speaking the truth, deep down he wasn't so sure. Something was still bothering him, but he couldn't place that feeling. "Are you going to be fine? We could stay if you want us to?" Voltro asked his son, causing Star to look up hastily and shake his head, "no! You don't have to do that. I'll be fine, just enjoy your anniversary." Star said with a false smile on his face. "Are you sure Starry? It's no problem at all." Star shook his head once more and pushed past his parents gently, "yeah, I'm sure. Just enjoy your date." The two parents looked at each other with confusion before shrugging it off. "Alright, just take care of your brother, okay?" Voltro told his son.

Star nodded and shut the door behind them, then slid down the door himself and covered his eyes with his elbows, sitting in the fetle position, images of destruction and death flashing through his mind. "Star, Seth. I know it's been the longest time since we talked, but I need answers... Please." Star waited around for a minute, then two, and finally three before giving up and pushing himself up.

He stumbled through the house, making his way to his parents room before it turned into a battleground of sorts. Burning buildings covered the area around them and the thick smoke covered the sky up above in a black sheet. Bodies were scattered everywhere and Star's breathing intensified. He fell to his knees with tears in his eyes, that's when he noticed a teenager in front of him. He slowly reached out for her and pulled her into his arms, brushing her teal hair out of her face, revealing a broken Skye. She looked at him with terror filling her eyes and tried pushing him away, but he just held onto her tighter and tighter.

He was snapped back to reality with a baby's cry and remembered his little brother. Star forced himself up and made his way to the kitchen where he was going to prepare formula for the baby. When he finally finished and entered his parents room he was hit with another vision, this time it was all of them together. Nicolé and Voltro wearing their usual attire, Star wearing a tank top and blue flannel, he also had brown hair and eyes for some reason, and finally Shadow was there, looking up at him with excitement.

Once again, he was snapped back to reality with a cry from his younger sibling. "Damnit, I need to stop this somehow." Star said to himself as he pushed himself up and walked over to the crib. He gently lifted the baby out and gently fell backwards on his parent's bed, lifting the head of the baby gently and holding the bottle closer to the kid. The kid gently grabbed the bottle and started suckling on the cap.

"Hey there Lucas, how are you today? Obviously hungry, but I would feel like you had a pretty great day." Star said to the baby in his arms, "I'm envious of you, you're going to be raised by a true family. Not going to have to wonder where your parents are, or whether an evil clan of misguided warriors will be out to kill you or your friends." Star looked up towards the ceiling, patiently waiting for the child to finish the bottle, "if you want, I could teach you Cardfight Vanguard when your older. You'll probably like it, no promises though." Star let out a chuckle before putting the kids head on his chest and using his free hand to pull out a star shaped necklace.

"This was given to me by my adopted father when he died. I didn't know him that much, considering he died when I was young, but that's not what I want to talk about. What I want to tell you is that this thing never left my sight. I told my neice, Nicole Naumi, that I hid it away, but always kept it close, and that I did." Star opened the pendent and stared at this picture inside. "If there is ever a wish I had, it would be that nothing evil would exist in this world, just for it to be paradise. Not for me, not for my past or future, but for strangers, family, friends... You." A tear fell down Star's face as he put the pendant away.

Star sighed and stood up, "goodnight, if you need anything, I'll be right next to you." Star said with a soft smile, laying the kid back into the crib and turning on that little spinny thing that hung above it. Star fell down to a leather couch that was next to the crib, his eyes growing heavier as the seconds past. He couldn't wait for Sunday night to come, but he knew he had to. "Goodnight Lucas, I'll always be here for you." Star told his younger sibling before passing out.