Turn 14: Star and Edge

The sun was falling below the mountainside in the distance as I watched from front steps of the rental cabin. "It's beautiful isn't it?" Edge said as he closed the door behind him and sat next to me.

I turned to my right side as Edge fell down next to me and leaned forward. The gentle wind was blowing his hair back, which was still wet from his recent wash and falling loose from his normal look. His eyes were staring forward with a calm and collected smile spread across his face.

"Yeah. It is. I can't remember the last time I could feel this calm." I turned back to the sunlight and lowered my head, closing my eyes and letting out a sigh. Just being here with Edge seemed to just calm me. It was weird and something I couldn't answer, but it felt like we've known each other for the longest time. Edge was someone I could trust, and probably the only person besides Raven who could understand what it felt to be possessed by Dark Union.

"So here you two are. What's happening?" I opened my eyes and turned around to just blush once I saw Skye. Her smile just made this moment even better and she wore an adorable blue tank top and skirt that fell down past her knees. She had let her own hair loose like both Edge and I, and her slight blush made my heart skip a beat. "Hey there Skye, I see your done." Edge said, prompting a nod from her as she took a seat on my left side and let her head fall on my shoulder.

I instinctively put a hand on her bare shoulder and pulled her closer as all three of us stared off in the distance. "So, what's gonna happen?" Edge asked as he turned the two of us. "What do you mean?" We both said in unison, confused by his question. "I mean after all this has been said and done. When you two graduate high school and Dark Union is just a memory long forgotten." Edge finished as he turned back towards the golden horizon.

"Well, I hope to go to college. Major in business and help my brother run his company, eventually take over and help people realize the strength behind kindness. I know it's childish, but all dreams are built upon a child's mind isn't it? That stage in your life is where you can truly let your mind wander and pick a path and morals." Skye told Edge, closing her lovely red eyes that reflected her soul. The were shy and unsure, but deep down they held a strength and kindness I couldn't hope to achieve.

"I hope to also go to college, if they'll let me anyways. I want to major in English and go become a teacher, inspire kids and teach them the value of knowledge. My dream sounds silly and I know that. There is no stopping it from sounding silly, but it's what I want to do with my life." I told Edge as I let my head fall once more and listened to the heart of my two companies. Their heart beats were steady and free from any kind of rush. When you play the game we play you soon realize things get predictable and you just need to take a break from the game. That's what this trip was about, besides a present from Skye.

"Oh, that reminds me. Skye. Didn't you have something to give me?" As soon as I said this Skye's head shot up and she hopped up to her feat and clasped her hands together. "Right! Thanks for reminding me darling!" She gave me a quick peck on the cheek as she ran back inside, right as Tora was stepping out.

"Huh, she's in a hurry." She said with a little laugh and walked right next to Edge. "So, what's going on out here?" She said talking a seat to the left of Edge. Tora also had her brown hair down, but unlike us she had tied the lower half with a hairband. "Nothing much, just enjoying the view." Edge told her as he stood up and stretched his arms.

We both stood up with him and walked off into the front field of the cabin. Edge turned his head upwards and once again I envisioned him in the Diablo armor. I smiled and walked off, leaving Tora and Edge to their own thing.

(Edge's pov)

"So, Edge. What's been going on?" Tora asked me as she walked in front of me and forced me to look at her. I stared into her amber red eyes. We stayed like that for a while before she let out a sigh and let go of me. "I see. You're scared aren't you?" I let out a gasp when she said this and was about to say something, but she put a finger on my lips and shushed me.

"You don't have to lie to me. Remember, I know when someone's lying." She told me before spinning around, walking a couple steps forward and looking in the sky. "We're all scared, hopefully you know that. Ralph. Skye. Star. Shun. Jacob. Robyn." She paused for a second and in the new light of the moon I saw a tear run down her cheek. "I'm scared as well, but I know deep down somewhere that everything will be fine. Want to know why?" She turned her head to the left and I saw the rears running down her cheek more clearly, running down to her sweet smile that melted my heart.

"Why is that?" I asked her as I slowly made my way to her, stopping maybe a step away from her. She spun around to face me once more and pointed at me, "because I'm with you, and as long as you're around I know you won't let anyone hurt me." I couldn't help but smile at those words.

We remained still for another moment until I finally touched her shoulders and she walked forward. We leaned in, our eyes meeting once more before closing them and inching closer to the other. Her arms wrapping around my neck and mine finding their way around her waist.

(Star's pov)

I really didn't know where to go, so I found myself heading back to the room I shared with Skye. I reached for the doorknob until it was flung open and I was face-to-face with Skye. "Perfect timing Star! I was just about to go find you!" She said tliting her head to the side and smiling. "You were? I assume it's about the gift." She nodded her head excitedly and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the room and closing the door behind her.

"Here it is." She said as she reached behind her and pulled out a cylinder box. "You'll never believe how hard it was to get this." She said as I took it from her and opened the top. The first thing I noticed about it was that it was made from some sort of cloth. I slid it out of it's container and smiled. "A poster?" I asked her, but she just pushed me on. I sighed and let the bottom of it fall, showing me the precious image it contained.

I was left speechless to say the very least. "Well, do you like it?" Skye asked as she nudged me. "I-I love it. Thank you." It was a picture of all of us, standing at the front of Card Universe. Even Sophita was there, I remember this moment. "Well, I can tell you like it, but it only gets better from here." Skye said, and I turned around to ask her what she meant before she pulled me down on the bed and captured my lips in a kiss.