H-T-H 1: Star and Skye

Heart-to-heart: A sincere and intimate conversation between two people, usually friends, where they can talk about their feelings.

Not important to the actual plot of the story, if you don't like romance with your card games then please skip this Heart-to-heart. I also feel like I didn't do a good job on this one.

I laid in my bed with my eyes closed, just trying to relax from the long trip. My back was utterly killing me and I was somehow more exhausted than I was before. Seth and Shadow still hasn't said a thing, and to be honest I'm not even sure if they're alive. Maybe that figure at the card shop was just my imagination.

"Hey Star? Can you move over?" I opened my eyes and saw Skye in her nightgown and wearing a blush, like normal. "Sure, sorry about that." The original plan for this was Skye and I were going to get separate rooms, but with Tora, Edge, Ralph, Jacob, Shun, and Robyn all joining us we quickly lost the room for that. The new plan was the trio of kids were taking the living room, Robyn got her own room, and Edge and Tora shared.

"Thanks Star." Skye said as she climbed in next to me, placing her glasses in their case and on the window sill. She looked up at me for a few seconds before going wide eyed and shaking her head. In that span I could have sworn her eyes started shining red. "Is everything alright Skye?" I asked, but she said nothing, choosing to turn away and shrink.

"Something is obviously wrong Skye, I could tell because you aren't exactly subtle." I reached over to her and pulled her closer to me, causing her to let out an 'eep' and freeze. "Come on, if you can't tell me of all people, who will you talk to about it?" I paused for a second to see if she was listening, but she showed no signs. "I heard from Tora and Robyn that you just snapped, please. Tell me what's going on?" I forced her to look at me and that's when I noticed it as clear as day.

Her eyes were clearly glowing a deep red and she stared at me like she wanted to end my life. I froze for a second before reacting to her hand wrapping around my neck. "Skye?" Is all I said as her grip tightened, but she quickly let go and shook her head. "I-I'm sorry. I got to go." She quickly threw the sheets off of us, but I reached out and grabbed onto her wrist.

"Wait right there Miss Tyler." I said as I pulled her back. Her eyes glowed again and she tried her hardest to pull back, but I just pulled her into a hug and squeezed her tight, "let me go!" Skye yelled as she pushed against me, but I kept my grip tight, "not until you tell me what's happening. I'm worried for you." I told her, refusing any of her brutal hits.

She finally lost her strength and just stopped, and wrapped her arms around me, "I have no clue." She whispered in my ear. "I'm scared, ever since the spiral I've been getting murderous thoughts. It's been mostly you." She explained further, "I'm scared I'll hurt all of you guys. My only friends and family. Why do you think I invited everyone here?" Her voice was breaking and I could feel tear drops fall on my shirt.

I pushed her back a bit so I can get a better look at her and smiled, "come on Skye. Are you really scared of that?" I asked, causing her head to nod slowly. I sighed and pulled us back into bed, me holding onto her tightly, "don't worry about all that. There's a reason you have friends. All of us will be with you until the end, and I say that confidently because we faced Dark Union together, remember." I booped her nose, making her chuckle a little.

"Where's that brave girl I fell in love with? If you were brave you wouldn't try hiding this and running from it, would you?" She shook her head, and snuggled closer, "thanks, that helped a little." She gave me a quick peck on the lips before relaxing.

It wasn't one of my most inspiring speechs, but I'm glad it worked. We laid like this for a long time. Eyes closed and listening to the other's breathing before Skye spoke up once more. "Hey Star? Do you feel comfortable talking about some personal stuff?" She asked, looking up at me with those cute puppy dog eyes of her's. "Sure, I'm all ears." I told her.

"Good, thanks. I just need to talk to get my mind off the whole murderous thoughts deal." I nodded and gave her a bit of breathing room. "The first thing I want to ask, is how do you pronounce your last name?" She gave me an innocent smile and her blush was growing back. "That's it? You pronounce it like Shay and then dough. Shado."

Skye let out a sigh and looked back up at me, "really? I always thought it was Shadow for some reason, just spelt weird." There was another pause before her smile vanished and she shifted about uncomfortably, "um. I know this is a weird question and all, especially in this early of our relationship and our age, but how much kids would you like?"

It was my turn to blush now. The question caught me off guard that I needed a moment to process what she just said was real. "Um, wow. That came out of a left field," I let out a nervous laugh, "I never really thought about it that much. Maybe around two or three?" I told her, which made her let out a sigh of relief. "Oh that's good, or at least for me. I was thinking the same, although I think almost everyone wants two or three." She let out a small laugh before turning over.

"What about names? What would you like?" I asked since we were on the topic of kids, still think it's too early to say, but anything to try to defuse the awkward bomb. "I haven't thought of a girl's name, but I know what I want my son's name to be. Definitely Cloud, what about you?" She looked over her shoulder and gave me a quick smile. "I'm kinda in the same boat here. I haven't thought of a boy's name, but I do like the name Galaxy for a girl, no matter how strange it would be."

My answer caused Skye to burst out laughing, leaving me in the dark about the whole situation. "Really? Wow, that's gonna be unique." I looked at her confused, unaware of what she meant. "Do you really not see it? My name's Skye and I want to name my child Cloud. Your name's Star, and you want to name your child Galaxy."

I sighed and pulled her closer, "yeah, well sorry for being so slow darling." We shared another small kiss before relaxing for another minute or two, to give Skye a chance to calm down. "Well, do you have any questions about me?" Skye said, finally off her laughing high. "Just one, what would you like to do after highschool?" Skye sighed and shifted about before responding with, "that's pretty bland ain't it? You sound like a counselor," she said as she turned around once more, "I want to go into business and take over my brother's company, what about you? Anything interesting?" I thought about it for a couple of seconds, nothing really.stuck out to me, except for one. "Well, there is ONE I'd love to go into. I don't think I'd be very good at it though." I said as I shut my eyes and let out a content smile.

I could tell this intrigued Skye because I felt her turn over again. "Really? What is it?" She asked, curiosity plaguing her voice. "I got to thank Robyn for it to be honest. Robyn, Nicole, and Brandon. I want to be a teacher, an English teacher to be exact. That or if Vanguard follows Yu-Gi-Oh and they open a school for a children's card game, then I'd teach there." Skye let out a frustrated sigh and smacked my chest lightly, "first of all, I'd think you'd do great. You're awesome with kids, and the second thing is I'm dating an absolute nerd."

We looked at each other for a while, before sharing one last kiss and passing out in the other's arms.