Turn 17: Reunion

The streets were surprisingly empty today, not a single person besides our little group we've gathered. It was creepy if I had to be honest, ever since I got back I expected a lot more noice than what I actually got, and something that still bugged me was what Forest, or what I could assume was Forest, had told me. "Beware, the child of the destroyed world comes." I said to myself, drawing the attention of Cassandra. "Did you say something Raven?" I stopped in my tracks and froze up before shaking it off and smiling, "yeah, just recalling something." I told her before continuing on with the rest of the group.

"And here is our Messiah user!" I heard a cheerful voice say behind me. I turned around and sure enough, it was Star's cousin Nicole. "Woah, you play Messiah's?" The other kid asked, sparkles in her eyes. "Yeah, why? Do you play the deck as well?" I asked her, and she shook her head no, "I tried playing them in the past, but they're just too confusing for me. I'd rather stick with my Great Nature clan." The girl, which I could safely assume was named Jackie, had told me which had surprised me. Personally I find Great Nature alot more harder than just flipping a couple cards facedown and face-up. "You play Great Nature? Cool. Can I assume you play Bigbelly?" Jackie nodded and looked up towards the sky, "yeah, and no matter what anyone says I'll continue to play him!" This girl sounded so cheerful. I feel bad she's joined out group, mostly because we always seem to find trouble.

"Well, anyway. Sorry to bug you Raven, come on Jackie!" Nicole said, putting a bounce in her step and dragging her off. "Kids huh?" I turned to my left and saw Brandon with his hands behind his head, "but aren't you a kid as well?" I told him, making him shrink a bit. "Well, yeah I am but I'm a whole lot more responsible then them." He said, removing his hands from the back of his head and making a fist with his left one. "Yeah, sure you are. Anyway, how are you doing?" I asked him with a smile on my face, "oh, I'm just fine, how about you? Are you and Cass closer now?" I sighed and looked ahead at the pink haired teen with the long coat that flowed in the wind and her gorgeous locks that shined ever so brightly. "I wish, but right now we're friends." A hint of sadness filled my voice and my eyes dropped to a close.

Brandon was saying some stuff about being brave and just 'go in for the kill' but I ignored him as I imagined what could happen between the rising entertainer and me, but I shook my head and sighed to myself. I was being creepy at this point and smacked my cheeks. "No. Brandon, she'll never be mine and I know that for a fact. She's absolutely stunning, has an amazing attitude, and great with children as well." I said, recalling our time together traveling the states. "She could get almost anyone she wants, and just look at me Brandon. A dark past, messy clothes, a terrible self esteem problem, I'm younger than her. I'm not sure if you know this Brandon but she loves strong and older guys. I'm none of those things."

Tears started falling down my cheeks as I stared down at the other cousin of Star as he just stood there, shocked. Before he could say anything I just spun around and walked off in another direction, heading towards a back alley with my hands clenched into fists.

(Pov change: Cassandra Mystolic)
"So, what happened during your trip?" Nicole had asked, putting a smile on my face. "Nothing really that exciting. Just Raven and I entertaining people and a couple things here and there." I explained to the young girl, ruffling her hair. "Anyway, we're almost there." I told the two young girls, pointing forward at a building with a triangular roof and a giant clock.

We continued the rest of the trip in awkward silence, and that's when I noticed Raven had disappeared. My first thought is that something terrible had happened to him and that caused my heart to speed up and my breath to start shaking, but then I remembered it was Raven. This was the same person that had survived Dark Union's first attack and had endured pain I couldn't begin to imagine, and it's not as if Forest had left him the same way when he died. Forest's death inspired Raven to become stronger and to never fall until he was done for.

I shook that thought from my head and stopped at the entrance to the train station. The others had walked past me and left me by myself, just standing there and scared to continue. I placed a hand at the side of my hip and flicked up the button of my deck box, reaching in and pulling out Masked Phantom, Harri.

"Oh, hello there Cassandra." I froze up when I heard that voice and all I could do was stand there while he placed a hand on my shoulder and leaned against me. "Tell me something, do you remember me?" The familiar voice asked me, prompting me to turn my head towards him. "Alex." I weakly said as my eyes filled with absolute fear. He looked like what he did last time I saw him at graduation. He was taller than me, a whole two heads taller than me, and from what I could feel he had a muscular build. His hazel brown hair was gelled back and created spikes near the bottom that pointed out, his eyes were mischievous and struck fear in my heart. He wore a black tank top and dusty looking black cloak that was torn at the bottom, to complete this look he wore tight, black dress pants and black dress shoes.

He lifted up one of my strands of hair and smiled, "you've grown wonderfully well. No wonder Raven loves you so much." Upon hearing Raven's name I pushed away and jumped backwards and got into a fighting stance, unaware I dropped Harri. "Oh dear, you're quite hostile towards me aren't you? I love woman who could fight back." His smile grew even larger, to the point where he looked insane and my response to this was to just step backwards.

"Eh? What's wrong? Was it something I said?" Alex slowly approached me wearing that psychotic smile, stopping only to bend down and pick up my Harri card. "Cardfight Vanguard? You still play this child's game?" He started fanning the card and chuckled. "Ah, such good memories. You remember right? I was King of the school and my tactics included using their own cards to destroy them." My breath picked up in pace as I remembered the pain he caused people back then, but I still refused to lash out in anger. "Not saying anything? Come on, you know you loved it as well. You went so far to start obeying me so well because you seeked attention." My hands tightened into fists and all I could see was a burning red as I envisioned myself destroying him.

"What does Raven have that I don't? Last time I checked he was weak and an utter joke. My new minions are probably wrapping up demolishing him." It felt like my heart broke once I heard that and I didn't even notice I fell to my knees. "So that's what got you on your knees. Good to know, but for now." He slowly continued walking towards me and flung Harri off to the side.

"Get away from her!" Someone yelled from behind Alex, causing me to snap back to reality and him to spin around. "It's you." Alex said as he side stepped away from a punch. "Samantha?" I said, pushing myself back up and facing the brunette. "Hey there Cass, looks like you need help." I nodded and turned to face Alex, raising my fists. "Hey, sorry I'm a little late Mystolic." Sophita said running up to me with the others. "Isn't that the Alex you told me about?" Sapphire said, stopping at the front of the group and glared at him, giving off a firey red aura.

Alex started glowing a deep purple and sighed, "listen, I'm not stupid that I'd try to take on all of you. I'm going, but keep in mind the promise day is arriving faster than you think." Alex said turning his back towards us and walking off. "Hold it right there!" Samantha yelled as she rushed forward, taking a swing at him but falling flat on her face when he disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

Everyone rushed to Samantha's side, but I just slowly made my way to Harri and picked it up. "You okay Cass?" I looked down to my left and saw Nicole staring up at me. I put on a false smile and ruffled her hair, "yeah, I'm fine." I lied as I turned back and walked towards the others.

Before any of us could say anything we all saw a familiar teal haired, crimson eyed teen running in our direction. Skye had tears in her eyes as she was franctly looking in multiple directions and yelling out Star's name. "What's the matter." I called out, but she just shoved me to the floor and conitnued running all over the place. "What's with her?" Brandon asked, no one answered him.

I pushed myself back up and brushed off my skirt, but something hit me like a boulder in the gut, "Raven's in trouble!" I yelled as I dashed off in the opposite direction of Skye.