Turn 35: D.U. vs G.P.

Gold Paladin vs  Dark Union 

It was around eight in the morning. Star had stayed over at Carol's place to take care of his cousins while their mother, his aunt, was called into a graveyard shift. Nicole had calmed down after her outburst yesterday and decided to help her cousin in any way she can.

Nicole: "So you need help play testing your deck?"

Star nodded while he brushed his mop of hair down.

Star: "Man, this hair gets annoying at points."

Nicole watched as Star struggled to untangle his hair when she got an idea. 

Nicole: "Hey Star? What if I cut your hair before we battle?"

Star turned over to his cousin as she stood up and reached past him, grabbing a pair of scissors and a brush of her own. Star turned back to the mirror and brushed his bangs out of his face with his hand, thinking if it was a good idea if he let a kid cut his hair.

Star: "Sure, why not? Just please be careful."

Nicole: "Don't worry Star, I've been practicing ever since you disappeared."

That calmed Star down a bit as he took a seat on a chair Nicole had pulled up. When Nicole had finished her job all Star had to do was look up at the mirror in front of him; you could hardly tell that the haircut was done by a child, what with all the smooth, clean cuts and perfect symmetry. His hair had a gleem to it that it never had before, almost like moonlight bouncing off a crystal clear lake. Jaw-length bangs framing both sides of his face, long and neat hair that was groomed carefully so it fell straight down stopping at the bottom of his neck.

Star: "Huh, amazing. Where'd you learn to do this?"

Nicole: "I started practicing on my friends at school, turns out I'm a natural."

Nicole told Star to go take a quick rinse off to wash off all the loose hair and she'll be waiting in the kitchen for him.

Star had plenty of time to think over his plan and strategies, tactics he was going to use against Requiem. He was glad he had Dark Insight because he was able to heal Okami and change the cards in his deck into more helpful things. Sure, it shortened his remaining life span but he didn't have much life to begin with.

Nicole: "So, are you finally ready?"

Nicole turned to her uncle who barely stepped out of the wearing an extra large white T-shirt and black sweatpants.

Star: "Yeah, let's get started."

Star: "Stand up, the Vanguard!"
Nicole: "Stand up, Vanguard!"

*Nicole's starting*

Nicole: "I draw for turn and ride Knight of Passion, Torre (7,000). Calling Crimson Lion Kub, Kryph, Pass turn."

Star nodded and drew for turn.

...

Star: Hand 6, Damage 0, Soul 0.

Nicole: Hand 5, Damage 0, Soul 0.

*Star's turn*

...

Star: "I ride Lightning Knight (7,000)."

Lightning Knight was dressed in golden heavy armor, covering him head to toe in heavy plating that sparked every so often. In his left hand he held a spear meant for piercing his opponent's defenses, in the right hand was a short sword in the shape of a lightning bolt and heated so it glowed a light blue.