Chapter 1: An Earthquake

(Y/n)'s POV

I was driving as fast as I could and Chie was mostly pleading for me to slow down. But I ignored it, I should probably apologize to her when we get to school. "We're almost there Chie." I assured the pink-haired girl. Chie could only cover her eyes, in fear that we might crash unto a vehicle.

My lips formed into an upward curve, I started to slow down the car a bit because we were almost near the school building. Until a vehicle suddenly dashed from the other side of the road. Chie uncovered her eyes to see what's happening but her face went pale and she started screaming. Luckily, my instincts were fast and I was able to pull the brakes in time. The vehicle drove passed us and my heart was beating rapidly in shock, relief and anger.

"What the f*ck!" Chie cursed loudly at the vehicle. I continued driving, this time it was slower. I couldn't get myself to speak up because of how fast the event happened. And finally, thank goodness we've reached our destination. I parked the car somewhere over the school parking lot and me and Chie went out of the car.

"I can't f*cking believe that vehicle. Does that guy even know how to drive?" Chie continued swearing and complaining.

"Chie, calm down." I tried comforting her. Keyword: comforting.

"I can't calm down! That guy needs to be arrested. And... if it wasn't for your instincts we would've been in the hospital by now." she turned her attention towards me.

"Well, it was also my fault. I should've listened to you about slowing down. Sorry if I scared you like that." I bowed my head in shame.

"W-what? (Y/n) your not the one who's supposed to be apologizing. That driver who almost crashed unto us should!"

"B-but I-"

"No buts... now we should get going. I don't want us to be even more late." Chie flashed a smile before the both of us parted to our classrooms. Because of the incident we were both late for school but at least we were able to come here without getting hurt. I walked to my classroom, the loud noise was present even if I was outside. I slid the door open and peeked my head in. The room was a mess, students were throwing papers everywhere even toilet papers were being thrown. I stood there with my mouth agape as I watched the students disarray the classroom.

"Where's the teacher?" I murmured. Several students noticed me and stopped throwing toilet papers. An awkward moment of silence replaced the discordant environment.

"Hi (Y/n)!" a familiar male voice broke the silence.

"Hi Alibaba." I waved a hand which nobody can barely see. I started walking to my seat and the noise was starting to return.

I placed my bag down and slouched unto my seat, not bothering to care about the ruckus that is happening in the room. 'Professor Maekawa is probably absent.' I sighed and closed my eyes to relax myself. 10 seconds later I felt someone poking my cheeks. I opened my left eye and saw Alibaba with his cheery smile.

"Why were you late (Y/n)?" he stopped poking my cheeks. I opened both of my eyes to stare at him.

"Well, we woke up late, faced traffic and got almost hit by a car. Those were the reasons why we're late." I spoke too quickly causing the blonde haired male to make a confused expression.

"Do you want me to repeat that?" I flashed an awkward smile.

"N-no! I understand. But can you tell me why you almost got hit by a car?" his confusion turned into worry, which I thought was cute.

"Ah, that. You see I accelerated the speed of the car and then this vehicle just suddenly dashed towards us but luckily my instincts were fast so we were able to save ourselves in time."

"Oh, I see. You should be more careful there (Y/n), I don't want you getting hurt." Wait, he's concerned about me? That's the first...

"I know..." I smiled and started ruffling his hair.

"H-hey stop it." he whined. I don't know if it was just my eyes playing with me but did I just saw a tinge of pink to his cheeks? Meh, maybe not...

I removed my hand from his hair and began talking about random things as the other students still kept on throwing papers. 20 minutes have passed and still, there were no teachers that came into the class. Time is running slow and the ruckus was starting to calm down. The reason? Most of them ran out of papers to throw so they just ended up talking with each other.

"Hey Alibaba, do you know the reason why Professor Maekawa is absent?" I changed the subject and got myself pondering about why there's no teacher that visited our room.

"No... but I have a theory that he might be sick again. You know that he frequently gets sick when the rain comes." he scratched the back of his head. He's right, Professor does get sick very often.

Suddenly, I felt myself shaking. I glanced at the furnitures and they also seemed to sway from side to side. The students all settled down to their seats and the noise was depleting. It took a few seconds for the sudden quake to disappear. Whispering and murmurs can be heard. The murmuring stopped when a teacher entered the room. A worried expression was plastered unto her face, "Is everyone alright?"

The students nodded and a loud noise resonating from the other room is heard.

"I'll be back." the teacher ran to the other room. A few students peeked outside to see what was going on. And because of my very curious nature, I was tempted to go to the door.

"(Y/n), where are you going?" I tilted my head towards and stared at Alibaba's tangerine orbs.

"I'm just gonna take a peek to see what's going on outside." I flashed a smile as I pointed towards the door. The blond nodded and I continued my walk forward. I raised my heels to take a better look and saw the teacher that entered our classroom a while ago. She looks like she's panicking. I kept my gaze glued to the B-class. My eyes widened in shock to see her and a male student carrying a female student with blood stained in her clothes.

They carried her to the other side, which is where the infirmary is located. I heard footsteps coming here so I stopped peeking and walked quickly to my seat.

"So what did you see (Y/n)?" he asked curiously.

Before I could answer his question the bell rung. Signifying the end of the first subject. Students arose from their seats to go to their next classes. "I'll take about it later." I stood up and started packing my things.

"Ok, see you then (Y/n)!" he waved gleefully and left the room. My next schedule is Art Class and I will be reunited with Chie again.

I hurriedly went to my locker and grabbed all my art materials and stuff.

"Hey (Y/n)!" Chie called out excitedly. I turned my head towards her and flashed her a smile while waving.

"I've heard that Professor Maekawa is absent today, so what happened in your class?" her cheery expression held a bit of worry. I pulled out the last books needed and closed my locker,

"Well, the room was quite a mess. And then, an earthquake occured-" before I could explain further Chie cut me off.

"Oh yeah! The earthquake. Did you know that incident about the girl who was throwing up blood?" she gave a sympathetic look.

"Yeah. Why did she start to throw up blood?" I asked her hoping for an explanation.

"I don't know, the others said that she has a disease or something." we stood there for a moment with both sympathetic looks in our eyes. Chie clicked her fingers and her cheery expression returned again. "Oh! I almost forgot we still have Art Class. C'mon, before we get late again." she dragged me across the corridors as I tried to keep my speed.

"H-hey! Slow down."