Chapter 3: It Begins

30 minutes ago before the incident_

The students and teacher left the female student to the infirmary. The nurse checked her condition and let her rest first to bed as she called the ambulance. Purple cracked lines that looked like roots were forming at the girl's skin, her face was pale as snow and purple bags can be seen under her eyes.

She sat on the soft cushion of the bed and observed herself in the mirror. She felt horrible. This was the first time she had ever encountered such sickness. Then, a stinging pain in her head occured. She grabbed her hair tightly and gasped in pain. The nurse noticed her and rushed towards the student.

"What happened dear?" the nurse placed a hand to the student's forehead.

"It... hurts!" she cried in pain.

The nurse quickly grabbed some medical apparatus but as she returned the girl was no longer screaming. She checked the room and saw her figure curled down in bed. She immediately opened the door but as she got closer the girl started to growl.

"Dear, are you awake?" she tried to see the girl's face.

The female student started to get up, her fingers were gripping the bed sheet tightly as if she was clinging unto it like her life depends on it.

"Run." it was all she said. Her voice was deeper than her original one.

The nurse ignored her statement and walked even more to the girl, "Dear I think you need to rest."

The female student turned around. Her eyes no longer held its color and her skin turned into a horrible shade of purple and red. The nurse gasped and started backing away. The student growled once more, only this time it was louder. As soon as the nurse reached the door knob she quickly twisted and ran as fast as she could.

The student also followed. Her speed was faster than the nurse so she was able to catch her before she could even get out of the infirmary. The girl mauled the nurse as she cried in pain. There was no escaping. Blood stained the white floor. The girl was no longer herself, but rather an infected.

Present time_

(Y/n)'s POV

We all stopped in our tracks because of a cracking sound coming from the other side of the room. I glanced at Miss Jazmine, she also was observing the noise. A sudden growl echoed the hallways. My eyes widened, did a human just cause that? No, maybe I'm just mistaken...

I saw the line move again, this time the students were walking faster. I kept my pace equal as I kept glancing on the other side of the room. We've reached the door leading outside. Miss Jazmine placed her index finger to he lips, motioning to be silent. The students did so and continued walking. Miss Jazmine stopped in her tracks. I was really curious on why we're always stopping so I took a peek in front.

We have encountered a male student. He looked horrifying. He's skin was no longer in its original color and his eyes were white and dull. He was facing us with blood in his mouth and in his clothes.

"Shi*." Miss Jazmine started backing up as the students also did, causing me to almost stumble backwards. The male student started walking forwards like a hungry predator.

Miss Jazmine's POV

"Shi*." I started backing away from the bloodthirsty student. It's unfortunate of me because I don't have any weapons in hand. I glanced at the students behind me. Fear was enveloping them. I need to protect them.

"M-miss Jazmine, what happened to that guy?" One of my students muttered.

"An infected." I focused at the male in front of us.

"Stay back students." I said sternly.

The infected student started to walk faster. I pulled out a pen from my pocket. It's the only thing sharp enough to stab someone. I slightly crouched down, readying myself to defend and attack.

The infected student started running towards me. As he neared me I took the time to move away and grab his left arm. He seemed to like a group of people rather than one person. I swiftly stabbed the pen deeply unto his neck and kicked his stomach, sending him to stumble away. [A/N]: I'm horrible at making fight scenes, so just try to imagine an even better fighting scene.

"Everyone run faster." I gestured them to start moving. "And don't try to scream."

I let some of my students run before me. I scanned the surroundings for any infected and once I was done I followed the students. They opened the door without making a single noise as I followed, together with the rest of the students. A flood of relief washed over me. 'We're not late yet.'

I stared at the other students from the other classes as they ran outside of the school. "Everyone, follow the other students. The teachers will lead you to safety."

"What about you, Miss Jazmine?" Chie questioned worriedly.

"I'll follow you all later, I just need to close the gate of this school to prevent those things from coming out." I looked at my students one last time as they all neared the gate. "Stay safe..."

A loud growl coming from the door behind me caused me to jerk my head. A group of infected students are running their way towards me. I quickly searched for a weapon. Their footsteps were getting louder and I needed a weapon, and fast. Something in the bushes caught my eye. I pulled it out, revealing a long shovel.

"Tsk, people these days... they don't know where to put back their things."

The door swung open as the group of infected lunged their way to me. I held the shovel tightly as I swung it to the students. Blood seeped down their clothing as I continued to slash the others. All of them are now dead while bathing in their own pool of blood.

I hurriedly pushed a large bin to the door. The students were now out of sight and it's time for me to close the gate. Another set of footsteps were coming. I had to get to the gate quickly before any infected student comes. I ran as fast as I could, if only I'm not wearing these heels. The chain was missing and the infected are coming.

"Dammit! Where did the security place the damn chains?" I searched on the bushes. The infected had bursted the main door. I heard a clinking sound, I kept on ransacking the bushes until I saw a shiny thing, presumably the chain. I pulled it out and ran towards the gate as the infected followed. I swiftly closed the gate and wrapped the chain around it, lastly I took out the lock of the gate and secured it.

I backed away as the infected students clashed to the gate and began stretching their arms in hopes of clawing their prey. But they're not going to get this prey.

"F*ck, my feet hurts..." I took off my heels and started walking barefoot. So much for buying expensive and new heels...