Chapter 25: Question

(Y/n)'s POV

After the uneventful diner, everyone went away to wherever they were going. Morgiana and the others were still at the table, waiting for Hakuryuu. He said he was going to lead us to our rooms.

I lightly tapped my foot against the floor. It made a beat so I continued doing this for several minutes. Then Hakuryuu finally came.

"Sorry I took long. I was busy with something," he wiped the sweat forming in his forehead.

"It's okay, so where will we be sleeping?" I asked.

"Oh yes, follow me." he started walking to the exit. We trailed along with him.

While we were walking silently, I suddenly remembered that I have to ask Hakuryuu about something.

"Hey Hakuryuu?"

"Hm?" he tilted his head a bit.

"Where's your sister?" my question made him stop walking. Oh no, I think I made him uncomfortable.

"Uhh, just ignore my question-"

"We got separated." his face turned away. I felt sad and guilty for him.

"O-oh. . . I'm sorry." my second statement was more of a whisper.

Hakuryuu continued to walk again as I followed him without a word. I don't want to push him into saying what happened because it might stress him out.

"Here's your room. There's some clothes in the closet so feel free to use them." he opened the door for us.

I let Morgiana and the others go first. Hakuryuu waited for me to get inside.

"Thanks." I gave him a smile just to lighten his mood even a bit.

All he did was nod and walk away but I saw his lips form into a small smile. I'm glad he's a bit happy.

I entered the room. It was air-conditioned and there were two bunk beds. Amira and Aladdin jumped on the beds while me and Morgiana were busy on staring at the room in amazement.

"So are you going to sleep on the 2nd or 1st bed?" I questioned Morgiana.

"It depends." she said.

"It's it okay if I take the second bed?" I pointed at the top bed.

"Sure." she simply shrugged.

I excitedly climbed up the bed and pulled the blanket out. It was heavy but I think it can provide me enough warmth to survive this cold room. Morgiana dredged the closet for any available pajamas.

"Aren't you going to change?" she looked at me.

"Well I want to but I'm still lazy."

"Very well." Morgiana gave Aladdin and Amira some pajamas and she entered the comfort room to change.

"Pssst! Amira, can you get me some clothes. Please?" I begged the petite girl.

"Ok!" she grinned and searched the closet.

"Are you okay with a nightgown?" she turned to me.

"Are there pajamas?"

She shook her head and showed me a (f/c) gown.

"Toss it to me." I opened my arms to catch the nightgown. Amira backed away a bit and threw the gown. I caught it just in time.

"Thank you!" I placed the nightgown down to wait for the others to change.

It's a good thing Morgiana was done in using the bathroom. Amira went inside to change. I used the remaining time to search for the remote since there's a t.v.

The remote was placed on the coffee table. There were stacks of magazines and a small flower vase neatly placed on the table. The couch was small but it was comfy. I turned the t.v. It's been a while ever since I watched the news and I need to know what is happening to the world.

There was one channel which had a news. The other channels had the phrase, "Technical Difficulties" written on the screen.

The newscaster looked like he was going to die from fear. His face was pale and his eyes were wide like saucers. But he still kept on going despite his condition.

"The number of infected had reached into millions. It has been reported that the epidemic is 2x faster to infect a person. Soldiers had now been sent to towns in search for survivors." There were video clips flashing on the screen like zombies eating a person and soldiers running and shooting.

"Gosh, this is getting worse than I thought." I kept my eyes glued to the screen.

I heard Amira opening the bathroom door, she noticed that I was watching the news so she joined in. It was Aladdin's turn to change his clothes. She stared at the t.v with the emotion of fear.

"Miss (y/n)?" she looked at me with her big silver eyes.

"Yes?"

"Do you think our parents are safe?" she asked innocently.

"I. . ." it made me think about her question. The world is in chaos and there's no guarantee that anyone can be safe.

"I don't know Amira. But I'm sure they're still alive." I wish what I said was real. I really miss my parents and it made me wonder if I could ever see them again.

"Miss (y/n)?"

"H-huh?" I snapped out of my daze. The little girl stared at me worriedly.

"Why are you crying?" I touched my wet cheek. Why didn't I notice this?

I wiped my tears quickly and managed to put on a smile.

"It's nothing, you should get ready to bed." I stood up and turned off the t.v. Aladdin had changed into his pajamas so it was my turn to use the bathroom.

I shut the door and looked at my reflection. There was a slight red in my eyes due to the tears. I sighed and washed my face. After washing, I wiped my face with a milky white towel. I took off my clothes and wore the nightgown that Amira gave.

It had fit perfectly to me and the colour kind of complemented my skin colour. I stepped out of the bathroom, Amira and Aladdin were already in bed. Morgiana was still awake though. She's watching the news that I had watched.

Hakuryuu's POV

I walked to my room after guiding (y/n) and her friends to theirs. (Y/n) is lucky to have her friends by her side, but when it comes to me it's unfortunate.

The thought of my sister entered my mind. I don't know the day I last saw her. I really miss her, and I have to find her.

From the corner of my eye I caught a small blur of white. Through the large glass, there were tiny flakes of snow. Oh yeah, it's almost Christmas.

But is Christmas still alive when the world is facing a drastic problem?

I stared at the large window and admired the snowflakes for a moment. Before there were zombies running everywhere, children would run outside just to play with the snow. Now, zombies were the ones to play in the cold.

And there's also another problem. If there will be a heavy snowfall this month then it will be a struggle for everyone to drive their vehicles. I don't know if the zombies will have a hard time in the snow, but us humans will surely do. This month is like an animal searching for food in winter.

This going to be a difficult month.