Chapter 15: Gone

(Y/n)'s POV

I closed the door and plopped to my bed. The moon had shown and the day will pass by again. It made me wonder about what was happening at the outside world. Could all the people be infected by now? No, they aren't. I'm sure the people will find an antidote for the zombies. I rolled to my side, then a memory of my parents suddenly came into my mind.

"(Y/n) where are you?" mom crept slowly towards the table.

I contained my laughter because I don't want to get caught by my mom. I peeked my head a little to see where she was.

"I gotcha!" she uncovered the cloth but there was no one underneath the table.

"Your a sneaky little one." she looked at her surroundings.

I couldn't contain my laughter and a small chuckle escaped my lips.

"Found you!" I jolted a bit when mom touched my shoulders.

"Moooom!" I whined while she giggled at me.

"Why can you find me so easily?" I pouted.

"I can hear your chuckling from behind the tree." she poked my cheeks, making me pout even more.

"Honey pizza is here!" dad came in with some boxes of pizza.

"Pizzaaaaa" I ran to father and being the child I was, I tried reaching up for the box. But since dad was taller than me I failed.

"Now (y/n), you can't have the pizzas yet. We all need to eat it together." dad ruffled my hair.

"Fine. . ." I crossed my tiny arms to my chest.

"I'll prepare the table. Bring (y/n) with you." mom pointed to me and went inside.

"Sure thing honey!" dad smiled, "Ok (y/n) let's go and make some shakes."

My face brightened at the word "shake" I nodded vigorously and we went to the kitchen to make some shakes.

●●●

The memories I had with mom and dad were just so fun. A wave of nostalgia hit me, I didn't realize the wet feeling on my cheeks. Did I just. . .cry?

I sat up and wiped the tears away. It's really depressing when I'm separated from my family and I don't even know what happened to them. If only I could go to town. Even if I want to, I'm not trained enough to defend myself. But I could train myself!

I found myself smiling a bit at my idea. Tomorrow will be the day that I'll ask somebody to train with me! I went to sleep without changing to my pajamas. I need to store energy if I want to have a training tomorrow.

Chie's POV

Tomorrow will be the day that I'll say goodbye to my friends. It's hard for me but I can't let anyone get hurt because of me. I can already feel myself changing and in each hour I feel more perilous than I already am.

I opened the door and saw (y/n) sleeping. I wouldn't want to wake her up because of how peaceful she looks. I knelt down to grab the bag that I've hidden from underneath the bed. All my things were prepared. I have food, water, clothing and some medical supplies. But I know that these things won't have anymore value when I become a zombie.

Tears were forming at the corners of my eyes. 'I'm sorry (Y/n), I'm such a jerk.'

I can't hold my tears back anymore. I covered my mouth to prevent myself from making a noise. Years of friendship and I'll just end up being an infected. Some time after, my tears dried out. I regained my composure and took out a letter that I wrote yesterday. I placed it on the table and I got my bag.