Chapter 8: Panic

(Y/n)'s POV

Amira guided us to our rooms. Me and Chie planned to share a room since Chie doesn't like being alone. The rest of my friends already have a room. It's kind of strange that Sinbad's building had rooms for sleeping.

"I think this is it." Amira slid a card to a scanner. The scanner's dot turned green just like the other device from outside. The door immediately opened, revealing a really luxurious room. My mouth was agape. There was a fancy looking couch with a fancy looking TV. It feels like I'm living in a mansion.

"I'm speechless. Amira are you sure this is the room we'll be staying?" I asked, doubting that we would be staying at a room fancier than what I expected it to be.

"I'm sure about it! Besides, Mr. Sinbad wants you all to feel at home." the shorter girl smiled and gave me the card. A warm feeling of gratitude entered in me.

"I better get going, I have to help general Ja'far. Bye!" the girl sped off as me and Chie waved goodbye. We entered the room, the inside was even colder than outside. Chie excitedly jumped on the king bed while I was busy scavenging the closet for something to wear. At last, I found some clothes and they look like they fit perfectly to me.

"Chie, catch!" I tossed one of the spare clothing to her. She didn't catch it instead it went right into her face. I gave a slight chuckle then proceeded to the bathroom to change. I finished in fitting the clothes, then I looked at myself in the mirror. I look like some sort of teenage geek chic. Well, at least it's better than wearing those short skirted uniforms.

I stepped out of the bathroom as I carried my uniform. Chie seemed to enjoy herself in the room.

"Chie you better get changing." I placed my uniform down.

"B-but I'm still trying to get comfortable." she whimpered.

"You can get comfortable later. Now go..." I pointed to the bathroom. She gave a low groan and took the clothes I gave to her. I plopped to the bed the softness of the bed is like quicksand a relaxing type of quicksand. The TV was on and the remote was left beside me. Since I'm tired and I mostly need something to distract me from all the killing I decided to watch some entertainment shows.

I grabbed the remote and transfered the channel. Most of it was filled with children shows. Tsk, children shows...

I stopped switching the channels and ended up watching the news. The reporter was talking about the events happening and about a contagious disease that has spread throughout the world. Chie came out with her new clothes and placed her uniform down the bed. She plopped beside me and turned her attention to the TV.

"The world is just getting worst as the days passed." Chie said in concern. I nodded in agreement and we continued listening to the news. The sun had began to set, and soon dusk will be present. A knock on the door was heard, I rose up from the bed and walked towards the door. My fingers swiftly typed the passcode that Amira said. The door opened revealing Alibaba and Morgiana.

"Hi, Alibaba & Morgiana. What brings you here?"

"We were thinking if you and Chie would want to roam around the building. Don't worry, we've asked Sinbad for permission and he agreed." Alibaba spoke in a chipped tone.

"Give us a minute." I turned around, meeting Chie's eyes.

"Chie do you want to come with us?"

"You guys go, I want to have a bonding with this bed for a while." Chie smiled, I nodded and followed Alibaba and Morgiana.

We began to roam on the workplaces of the businesspeople. Some papers were scattered everywhere on the tables, some of the chairs were left unused and the computers were mostly on. Why are people so careless about the electricity they're wasting?

My gaze turned to Sinbad and Ja'far who were talking to two people. One had tanned skin and the other had pink hair, similar to Morgiana's. Sinbad's golden orbs turned to me, I immediately avoided eye contact and turned to Alibaba and Morgiana.

"Alibaba, Morgiana, (Y/n)!" Sinbad called out. 'Shoot, he must've seen me.'

He neared us. I don't know why I'm nervous whenever he's near me. Maybe it's just me being a little paranoid.

"Meet my other businessmen. This white haired guy is Sharkkan, and this tall fella is Masrur."

"It's nice to meet you again Alibaba. And it's nice meeting you two beautiful ladies." the so-called Sharkkan took my hand and gently planted a kiss. His sudden actions made me flustered.

"U-uh, hi! I'm (Y/n). Pleased to meet you Sharkkan and Masrur." I stammered. I gotta say, these guys are well built. Not that I care about their bodies or anything.

Morgiana and Masrur greeted each other with short chatting, like a really short one. Alibaba and Sharkkan also engaged in a conversation leaving me unattended.

"It's really awkward huh?" Sinbad's sudden appearance behind me made me jolt a bit.

"O-oh Sinbad! You almost surprised me." I felt my cheeks heat up because of how close he is.

"Sorry," he sheepishly smiled. "Oh wait, I've got something to show you. Follow me."

Sinbad grabbed my hand gently as we walked away from the people. We walked silently in the corridors of the building. Some minutes later we've reached an empty area of the building which was outside. The place was filled with beautiful kinds of flowers and plants. Some of their colors blended perfectly on the shades of the orange sky.

There were bushes neatly cut into shapes and trees that were perfectly trimmed. The person who did this must've used a lot of effort. Besides the garden was a large wall, preventing us to go to the other side. This garden is paradise.

"Wow..." that was the only word that escaped out of my mouth..

Sinbad's POV

I watched (Y/n)'s reaction as she stared at the garden with her mouth agape. Never have I realized that I was still holding unto her hand. The aura was getting a bit too awkward so I decided to talk to her.

"Like it?" I waited patiently for her answer.

"Like it? I love it!" she threw her arms in the air.

(Y/n) continued to babble about the garden as I listened to every word that her angelic voice was saying. But all of that was interrupted by several gunshots.