Chapter 14: Discovered

Ja'far's POV

Sin had told me about an infected at the abandoned storage room. I told him a lot of times to lock that room but he wouldn't listen. But this time they were going to lock it, which is good.

I exited my room for a while. I can't stand being in the same room for 24 hours. Then, I saw one of (y/n)'s friends. Was she Chie?

She was running like a ghost was chasing her. But at the corner of my eyes I saw something beneath her sleeve. Was that a gauze?

Was she injured or was it just my eyes playing with me. No, my eyes don't deceive me. I'm sure she was wearing a gauze on her arm.

(Y/n)'s POV

Sinbad had announced to everyone about the infected on the abandoned storage room. They said to take caution whenever they go near the isolated area. And they also prohibited anyone to enter the abandoned storage room.

The guards were still investigating the scene and others searched for some kind of hole or opening among the building. I still can't find Chie anywhere. 'Where can she be?!'

I saw Ja'far outside of his room. 'Maybe he knows where Chie is.'

"Sir Ja'far!" I waved my hand to get his attention.

He tilted his head towards me, "What is it (y/n)?"

"Do you know where Chie is?"

Ja'far's POV

(Y/n) questioned about where her friend went. She looked tired and at the same time worried.

"I saw her walk there." I pointed to the left.

"Ok thank you!" Before she could go I grabbed her wrist.

She turned to me with a confused expression, "Sir?"

"(Y/n) does your friend have an injury?"

"No, not at all. Why?"

"When I saw her she seemed to look frightened of something. And I caught a glimpse of a gauze on her arm." I let go of her wrist.

"That's strange. . . thank you for sharing the information sir Ja'far. I'll make sure to check on her." She flashed a small grin and headed to Chie.

I nodded and walked to Amira's room to see the new kid.

"Amira?"

"Coming!" She unlocked the door. Behind her was the new boy namely Aladdin. He was a bit taller than Amira but both are very hyper.

"Hi general Ja'far!" Both waved with a smile.

I chuckled at their childish behavior, "Hello."

The two dragged me to play with them, since I don't have much to do I joined in their little game.

(Y/n)'s POV

I practically roamed every part of the building. Chie was really nowhere to be found. Did she leave or something?

I sat down the floor for a while to think where she could go. 'Maybe she's at the room.'

I got up and ran to my room. I got there as quick as I could and entered the room. I was greeted with silence. The room was empty and everything was in place. I gave out an exasperated sigh and laid on the bed.

I slightly jumped on the soft cushion as I pondered. I searched at the storage room, my room, the place where the workers are and my friends' room. The only area that I hadn't searched yet was. . .

"The comfort room!" I clicked my fingers. I ran off the comfort room and hoped that Chie is there. If not, I'll flip all the tables here.

"Chie?!" I kicked the door open. Chie was staring at me in shock. I was also in shock because she had a gauze on her arm.

"Why do you have that?" I pointed at the gauze on her arm.

Chie's POV

Fuck, I'm busted now. Sweat formed in my forehead and my hands felt cold.

I gulped, "I-I. . ."

She waited for my response. Her expression was mixed with concern and disappointment.

"Chie please answer me." (Y/n) turned serious.

"I got injured, I accidentally scraped my arm on the ground when I went out of the building." I lied. I didn't mean to lie to her but the words just got away.

She went silent.

"Are you sure?" (Y/n) finally spoke up.

"Yes." I stared at her as long as I could. I don't want to look at her because I'm ashamed of lying at my own friend.

She gave a sigh, "Ok. But when did you get that?"

"Yesterday." I decided to be honest because I don't want to lie all the time to her.

"Do you need some help?" She went close but I back away.

"N-no, I'm good." I flashed her a fake grin.

"Ok. . . let me know if you need something." She said and closed the door, leaving me alone.

"I'm sorry for lying to you (y/n)." I muttered. I continued wrapping a new gauze on my injured arm.

Alibaba's POV

After Sinbad's soldiers carried the infected away I searched for (y/n). I remembered that she hasn't ate yet, so I thought of saving her breakfast.

As I made my way to her room I saw her standing by the comfort room. She looked a bit crestfallen.

"(Y/n)!" I called for her attention. She turned to me and gave a dinky smile.

"Oh. . . hi Alibaba. I found Chie already." Her voice was a bit low.

"That's great! But, why do you look sad?" I asked, concerned for the (h/c) haired girl.

She bit her lower lip, "It's just. . . Chie was injured and she didn't even tell me. I don't know if she's even telling me the truth."

"Injured?" I questioned. Could she be bitten by the infected from the abandoned storage room?

"We should probably talk to someplace else, maybe someone might hear us." She whispered. I nodded and we walked away from the comfort room.

The both of us went to my room to discuss about Chie.

"Can you tell me now about the injury?" I sat down my bed.

"When I went to the comfort room I saw her she looked shocked and I saw her injury being uncovered from the bandages. I asked her about the wound and she said she scraped her skin to the ground."

"When did she get injured?"

"She said she got it yesterday." I took all the information in my mind and nodded.

"Ok, but (y/n) can you please listen to me for a moment? I know this might be a bit wrong for you but I think Chie is hiding something from us."

"W-what?" She looked surprised.

"I'm not even sure if she's telling you the truth. So be observant around her."

"I will." She nodded.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, a knock on the door was heard.

"Alibaba, sir Sinbad wanted you at his office." Morgiana's monotone voice spoke.

"I'll be out in a sec!" I replied.

"I gotta go now, bye (y/n)!" I waved quickly and opened the door.

(Y/n)'s POV

As Alibaba went with Morgiana I thought about what he said earlier.

'Observant huh? Guess I'll have to be a bit vigilant to Chie.'

I sighed and exited the room and went to mine.