Chapter 19: Time Is Ticking

Sinbad's POV

We come in face to face with a bunch of zombies. They were hungry for flesh and were trying to open the vehicle. The driver drove passed them and left them laying flat on the ground with blood gushing out of their bodies. The gasoline station was now free from zombies.

We all got out of the car with our weapons held up. I scanned my surroundings. It was dead silent. I shouldn't let my guard down, maybe some zombies are lurking in the shadows waiting for the right time to pounce on us.

"It's safe." one of the tall men broke the silence.

When almost everyone lowered their guns an infected assaulted the tall man. He was bitten by the neck and he struggled in getting the infected out of him. The soldiers shot the infected down. Later on, I heard more growls coming.

'Dammit, more zombies are coming.' I searched for the location of the sound.

The doors of the comfort room broke and a group of zombies quickly dashed towards us. We all fired.

Alibaba's POV

I hid behind the car and observed Sinbad and his crew as they carefully walked to the gasoline station. But then I heard a growl and it was followed by a series of gunshots. I peeked my head to see what was happening.

A group of zombies had attacked the men. I can't just watch here I have to do something to lurk them out!

My eyes widened when I saw an infected behind Sinbad. It was about to launch at him. Thanks to my instincts, I shot the infected down but sadly it just gained attention for some other zombies to run towards me.

I was about to shoot one of them but Sinbad had already took them all down.

"Alibaba what are you doing here?" Sinbad questioned. 'Damn he looks mad.'

"I can explain that later, but right now there are more zombies approaching." I prepared my gun to fire.

We all fired again until no infected was left standing.

Sinbad's POV

After the infected were down we started to fill the empty jugs with gasoline. I glanced at Alibaba who was currently busy in helping the men with the refilling.

'This guy is really stubborn.' I thought. But some part of me made me feel proud for him. Because his own stubbornness matches mine.

When we gathered enough fuel we went inside the car.

"So Alibaba, care to explain why you were with us the whole time?" I turned my attention to the blonde. He looked nervous because of the sweat on his forehead.

"W-well, I was trying to prove to you that I am worthy of going with you and your crew." he said, determined.

"Your really stubborn, you know that?" I gave a chuckle.

"No I'm not!" he whined like a 2-year old.

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes"

"No!"

We both continued saying yes and no for a minute.

Alibaba's POV

I grew tired of saying no to Sinbad so I decided to end it.

"I am not freaking stubborn!" I crossed my arms to my chest.

"If you say so." He said.

Finally!

". . . stubborn." he smirked.