Chapter 40: The Hospital

Judar's POV

(Y/N) sure took long in that convenience store. I better go check on her, I'm sure the others won't care...

Making my way to the store, I pulled the glass door open.

"What the- (y/n)? What happened?!" I ran to her and knelt down to inspect her.

"An infected injured me with its nails," she showed her bleeding arm wrapped in a gauze.

"Did it bit you?"

"No."

I sighed in relief, I've encountered a few people that got injuries from the infected. They said it was because of their nails, we kept them quarantined for 20 days but nothing happened to them. They're wounds just healed.

"Judar?" (Y/n) whispered.

"Huh?"

"W-will I become an infected like them?" she looked deeply into my eyes. Her gaze had this emotion of fear.

"No, you won't. We just need to go to a hospital and treat your wounds there." I helped her in standing up. I assisted her until we've made it to the others.

"What happened to (y/n)?!" Kougyoku shouted, much to my dismay.

"She got scratched by an infected," I answered for her.

"Oh my gosh, this is bad. We have to get her to the hospital!" Kougyoku panicked.

"I know, that's where we are going."

"But do you even know where the nearest hospital is?" Morgiana interfered.

I sighed, "No, but we'll find one."

We kept this on and on about (y/n)'s injury but we didn't notice the incoming danger just up ahead.

"Uhh guys, I think this isn't the time to discuss about my injuries!" (Y/n) pointed towards a crowd of infected. They're much many than the infected we had encountered. But luckily, there wasn't a gargantuan.

"F*ck, run!" I shouted and dragged (y/n) with me. We can't fight all of them cause we're lacking weapons.

"We have to head back to Amira's house!" (Y/n) said.

"Okay, where is it?"

"It's just a few blocks away to the left."

I looked over my shoulder, the infected were catching up to us. Those things have unity... we met a dead end, a large wall blocked us from the other side.

"Bloody f*cking hell!" I cursed. The infected continued to run to us, I took out my gun and shot a few of them. But that's it, I finally ran out of bullets.

There were more gunshots, I thought it came from Kougyoku but she wasn't holding up any gun. I heard this familiar sound, like it was a chopper. A strong gust of wind hit us from above. I stared at the large chopper just right above us.

"Climb on this!" a feminine voice said as she dropped off a ladder.

"GO! GO! GO!" I signalled them. The firing continued, until the infected decreased in amount. We all made it in the chopper, panting heavily from running.

"Is anyone bitten?" that strangely familiar voice said again.

"No! Just injured," (y/n) replied. I turned my head to the person that saved us, she had a hair colour much like Hakuryuu's and her eyes are also identical to his. Hakuryuu told me about his sister and what she looked like. The information he has given had matched.