Chapter 31: Untrustworthy

Morgiana's POV

I was busy watching t.v when someone opened the door. I tilted my head to the person only to see (y/n) with a pained expression.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She turned to me and went silent.

"It's nothing." she climbed to her bed. I can see a purple mark forming on her arm.

'Nothing huh?'

"So a bruised arm is nothing for you?" I asked her suspiciously.

Her eyes widened for a moment but returned normal after, "I accidentally bumped myself to the wall."

It's still quite suspicious for her to get that kind of bruise. How hard did she bump her arm anyway? I decided to turn my attention to the t.v. The other channels repeated the same show for hours now. It's pretty annoying.

(Y/n)'s POV

I exhaled in relief and started to search for something to cover my bruised arm. Good thing I have a medical kit underneath my pillows.

After wrapping my arm with a bandage, Amira and Aladdin both entered the room.

"Miss (y/n), miss Morgiana, Kouen is searching for us!" Aladdin said, both were panting from exhaustion.

"Huh? Why?" I looked at them. Before they could answer somebody knocked on the door. Amira opened it, a tall man with a beard stood in front of the door.

"Miss (y/n), Morgiana, Amira and Aladdin please come to sir Kouen's office immediately." he said, his voice as hoarse as sandpaper.

"Wha- why?" he didn't answer. Due to his scary expression, we had no choice but to obey him. He looks like he wants to shoot us if we don't obey.

We were pushed inside Kouen's office. His siblings were there except for Kougyoku. They all look serious.

"I know you're all wondering why I brought you here." Kouen started to speak. He nodded at the guy with a beard for some unkown reason. The guy nodded too and walked towards the exit.

"You all know that I despise traitors here in my building." he gave us a look. I looked down and kept listening to what he's saying without looking at him.

"So, since you're all still the recent ones to enter my building I will need you all to show your loyalty." Wait, what does he mean? We already went to the security check, didn't we?

"W-what are you-" the door suddenly burst open. The bearded man was no longer alone, he had two more men that seemed to struggle with something. I can hear growling from outside and my eyes widened in fear.

The men were holding a zombie, no they're holding more than one. They managed to get them to enter, there were 4 zombies in chains. Their mouths were covered with some kind of mask. Then, another guy entered. He was holding a zombie that was chained up in the wheelchair.

I started to feel dread, the zombie in the wheelchair happened to be. . . Chie.

Why did they bring them in here?

"You're all probably asking on what these creatures are doing here." Kouen sat on his chair, "Let's just say, this is the way that you can prove to me that I can trust you."

Koumei and Kouha brought up two bags. They unzipped it and pulled out a gun. They started to give us one. Koumei handed me a gun and I accepted it with shaky hands. 'I have a really bad feeling about this.'

"What's this for?" I managed to choke out a sentence from my mouth.

Kouen gave a smirk, not one of his usual ones, "Simple, each of you are going to shoot these infected."