Chapter 22: Prove It

Hakuryuu's POV

I guided (y/n) and her friends to the purification zone. The zone was just up ahead, guards stood at the side with guns on their arms. We have reached the tent, I opened it for them as they entered.

The female soldier looked at us in a questionable manner.

"Can you do a security check on them?" I separated Aladdin with the girls since there was a male security check beside the female tent.

"Sure." she said and took out a bunch of papers. I walked Aladdin out of the tent and into the other.

(Y/n)'s POV

We stood there awkwardly. The female soldier was still reading the papers. I don't even know if she's going to do anything.

She finally glanced at us, "Alright, state your full name, age and date of birth. Starting with you."

She pointed her pen at me.

"I'm (f/n) (l/n), I am (Age) years old and my birthday is on (DoB)." the female soldier nodded as she scribbled down the information.

"Next is the girl with red hair."

"I am Morgiana, I am 17 years old. My birthday is on November 18." (I just made the birthday up.)

"Ok, next!"

"I'm Amira, I am 13 years old and my birthday is on February 12." she squeaked.

Once the soldier was finished writing, she stood up, "So, if you don't know what you're going to do its easy. . .take off your clothes."

I blinked twice, "Wait, what?"

"Take off your clothes." she repeated, "This is our way of determining that you're not an infected."

Before I could rant, Morgiana and Amira had already started unbuttoning their shirts.

"Wait, you're seriously going to do this?!" I stared at them in shock, they nodded.

I gave a big sigh, "Alright fine. . ."

I unbuttoned my shirt and took it off, I was only left with my bra and it was freaking cold.

"There, happy now?" I placed my shirt back on and so did the others.

"It's not yet finished, you know? You still haven't taken off your pants." she pointed at our pants.

"WHAT THE-"

Hakuryuu's POV

I was outside of the male tent to wait for Aladdin. A few minutes later, he got out with a guard assisting him.

"He's safe." the guard said and went back to the tent.

"Sir Hakuryuu, when will miss (y/n) and the others finish?" Aladdin questioned me.

"It's not going to take long." I gave him a reasurring smile.

Moments of waiting, (y/n) and the others exited the tent. They had the look of irritation. Well, (y/n) has the most irritated expression though.

"So. . . how did it go?"

"It was horrible! That female soldier made us strip our clothes just to ensure that we aren't zombies." (Y/n) spoke in a gruffly manner.

Morgiana and Amira scooted awkwardly on the side. (Y/n) continued rambling about the security check and how horrible it was. Her rants got some people's attention so I decided to shush her.

"Ok, ok! I know that the security check is horrible for you, but you do know that we're in a public place. . ." I lowered my voice in my second statement.

"Oh, sorry I forgot." the (h/c) haired girl scratched her cheek in embarrassment.

"Well, since you're all safe let's go in." I changed the subject.

"Ok!" they synced.

We walked our way to the building. I typed the passcode and the door automatically slid.

(Y/n)'s POV

The door slides open, revealing lots of people roaming around. They don't look like workers though, instead they mostly look like civilians. Some were cleaning the floor, some were washing the plates and others were carrying boxes.

There were also young people walking around with a bucket and a wet towel. One of them accidentally trip and fell the bucket of water on the floor. One of the soldiers who witnessed the fall looked mad.

"Watch it kid!" he scolded the poor child. The little boy looked at him in fear as the soldier kicked the bucket in frustration.

I had to do something. I rushed to the boy's side and helped him get up. Hakuryuu had picked the bucket which the soldier just kicked.

"You okay?" I asked him. He nodded but he looked like he was holding back his tears.

"You should be extra careful there kid, here." Hakuryuu handed him the bucket, "We'll clean this up for you."

The little boy bowed, "Thank you sir Hakuryuu!"

The child ran off to find his friends. I then turned my attention on the wet floor.

"Please stay here, I'll go get the cleaning supplies." Hakuryuu ran to some other direction. When he was nowhere to be seen a tall male, accompanied by another tall male walked in. The other male had necklaces and jewelries, while the other had only a few accessories.

They look like the male from earlier. The one with pink eyes and pink hair. Are they related or something?

"Are you the new ones here?" the male with a few accessories asked.

"Y-yes we are sir." I gulped.

"Very well, let me first introduce myself. I am Kouen the CEO of the Kou Company. In my building, everyone should follow my orders and everyone should cooperate here. But, if you don't then the consequences will be deadly. Do I make myself clear?" Kouen gave an intimidating look.

"Y-yes sir!" me and the others said together.

Kouen nodded and walked away. On the other hand, his other companion didn't leave.

"I'm sorry for not introducing myself. I am Koumei, I specialize in battle strategies. And I'm Kouen's brother." Koumei slightly bowed.

"And by any chance have you seen Hakuryuu?" he added.

"He said he's going to get some cleaning supplies." I answered.

"I see, thanks anyway. I have to go now." he turned his back on us and walked to the same direction where Kouen and Hakuryuu went.

After Koumei left, Hakuryuu came in with a mop and a sign that says in bold letters "Caution. Wet Floor".

"Thanks for being patient you guys." Hakuryuu placed down the sign.

"Anything we can do to help?" I stared at him as he started to mop the floor.

"Well. . . you can help the workers in preparing the food. Just take 2 rights and a left."

"Ok. C'mon guys!" I gestured them to follow me. We arrived at the place where Hakuryuu told us to go. There were adults and children working busily. Some were in charge of cooking, some were cleaning the tables and some were preparing the utensils.

Something got me thinking though. Where is Hakuei? I didn't see her when we got here. Normally Hakuryuu and Hakuei were always together. I guess I'll have to ask Hakuryuu later.

Morgiana and the others were already helping in setting up the table. I also joined in by aligning the chairs.