Chapter 21: Trespass

(Y/n)'s POV

We walked the road to find shelter. It was already noon and I'm shivering in cold. I stopped walking when I heard a twig crack.

"Did you hear that?" I looked at Morgiana, she nodded and readied herself.

We surrounded the two kids for protection and waited for the entity to show up.

"Maybe it was just an animal." I was about to put down my katana when out of the blue, a big scary looking dog jumped from the bushes.

"That dog is creepy." Amira pointed at the creature in fear.

It looked like a rabid dog, but juding by its eyes the creature looked more of a zombie. It's red, blood-thirsty eyes stared at us as the dog growled loudly.

"Everyone stay back." We backed away from the mad dog.

I flinched when the large dog barked at us and sprinted to our direction. It was very fast than the other dogs I have encountered. This creature isn't ordinary at all.

Amira started screaming and the dog barked louder. I can't bring myself to kill the creature so I avoided it. The silver eyed girl hid behind me.

The dog was right in front of me, it growled again and crouched a bit.

It jumped at me but luckily Morgiana kicked it away. The dog was sent flying away but it didn't actually die. The dog cowered and ran away.

"Everyone alright?" I looked at the three.

"Yep." Aladdin answered.

"(Y/n), I think I smell something." Morgiana squeezed my shoulder a bit to get my attention.

"What is it?"

She sniffed for a moment, "I think I smell food."

"Where?"

"Follow me." she started walking.

We reached a part of the city with lanterns that were lit up. Finally I don't have to use my phone! The city looked creepy than it was before though. It was usually filled with people walking around.

My gut tells me there was something wrong with this part of the city. It seemed too quiet.

Morgiana sniffed the air once more and turned her head to a nearby store that was covered with sheets of wood.

"I think it's-" she stopped when we heard a gunshot.

A bunch of people covered in masks appeared from the shadows. And they made me realize something.

They were the ones who attacked Sinbad's company.

They encircled us and pointed their guns to us. If we make any sudden movements they'll probably shoot us.

"Who are you and what are you doing in our territory?" a man with a crooked voice asked. He must be the leader of his crew.

"I-I'm (y/n) (l/n) and these are my friends. This is Morgiana, Amira and Aladdin. W-we kind of lost our way in the city." I stammered.

"According to our law, whoever trespasses here will be shot. Unless if our leader tells us otherwise." he said, "But since he isn't here so I have no choice but to shoot."

He raised his gun and so did the others.

"N-no, please." I pleaded.

"Francisco, stop!" a very familiar male shouted. (I'm making up random names as much as possible XD)