Chapter 39: They're Back!

Hakuryuu's POV

Every part of my body hurts. I recalled the events that happened. I was hit by a gargantuan and then I fainted. But why am I still not an infected?

I weakly opened my eyes. I was welcomed by a bright room with no person or infected. There was no one to fight and no one to save. And I had no upper shirt on, just some bandages wrapped around me. I'm just alone. I tried moving my arms but in exchange, it gave me pain. How many bones did I break anyway?!

"I'm glad you're awake..." a male voice spoke. I know that voice...

Turning my head to the side I met a pair of orange coloured eyes.

"Alibaba," I said, almost like a whisper.

"We saw you getting chased by a lot of infected. I'm sorry if we arrived late," he said sympathetically. I wasn't worrying about my condition, I was worrying about Judar and Kougyoku.

"Have you seen Judar and Kougyoku?" I asked while trying to get up. But then I remembered that I broke my body, so I winced in pain.

"Careful! Your wounds are still recovering."

"I have no time to worry about myself. Where's Judar and Kougyoku?" I stared at him, almost begging him to give me the answer.

"We didn't see anyone else besides you," he answered. I slumped back to the bed, feeling defeated.

"B-but, me and the others will go back to the city in case if there's still anyone there!" he made this crazy hand gestures like a kid who's trying to cover up his mistakes.

"Alibaba, is he awake?" another person came in. It was a guy with white hair and a very pale skin. He was dressed in some sort of military uniform, he looked young to be in a military.

"Yeah, we were just done talking," Alibaba replied. I rose a brow at them, demanding answers.

"I'm sorry for interrupting but Sinbad is here to see you," the pale man said and a guy with purple hair entered the room again. I was getting a bit uncomfortable at seeing new faces, excluding Alibaba.

"How are you Hakuryuu?" Sinbad asked.

"Oh, I'm fine..." I said sarcastically.

'Of course I'm not fine! Didn't they see my wounds wrapped in bandages?!'

"Sorry, that was a dumb question. I just wanted to check on your condition," he chuckled a bit at his own statement. I kept a straight face as I looked at the three people surrounding me.

The few things I knew about this Sinbad is that he and the Kou Company were in a rough relationship. I don't know why but Kouha said something about competition, like their companies are rivals. If they're rivals then shouldn't they just let me get eaten by those infected? I'm a member of Kouen's company anyway...

"Why did you save me?" those words accidentally slip through my mouth.

"Because we have to. We can't just leave a person with those infected," Sinbad stated.

'So they aren't that bad...' I didn't say anything anymore cause I felt really tired. I don't have much energy to move around so I'll have to let on them search for Kougyoku and Judar. For the meantime, I have to gather up energy and as soon as I have enough to move I can get out of this room.

"Get some rest Hakuryuu, we'll take care of the rest." the white haired guy placed his hand on my shoulders. His hand felt heavy but I assumed that it's probably because I'm lacking energy.