Chapter 18: A spy

Sinbad's POV

For some unkown reason, we were running out of gas for the cars. We didn't use the vehicles that much but I guess we have to fetch another batch of gasoline.

Dusk came in, the sky was beginning to darken. The breeze howled strongly therefore it made the trees sway and the dead leaves dance along. I almost forgot that winter is arriving.

"Sir Sinbad what did you call us for?" a few of my men gathered.

I took one last glance at the sunset before looking at them, "Since you're all aware that we're running out of gas that means we have to travel again. And by tomorrow we shall go."

"Yes sir!" they saluted

As they left, I saw a certain blonde hiding behind the wall.

"I know you're here Alibaba."

The blonde male showed himself, he's probably going to beg for me to let him come with us.

"Let me guess. . . you want to come with my crew?"

"N-no! Well, yes." he dipped his head down in surrender.

"Like I said, you can't."

"But w-"

I gave a big sigh, "Alibaba, the reason why I need you to stay here is because you are capable of protecting this building along with my other workers."

"But your workers are strong enough to protect themselves." he complained.

"You know it's not easy," I muttered

"What?"

"Just trust me Alibaba." I flashed a quick smile and patted his shoulder.

I left without a word and went to my crew to prepare the car.

Alibaba's POV

Sinbad left and I stared at him with a bit of disappointment. 'I can prove to him that I'm worthy of going with him!'

When everyone were fast asleep I started preparing myself. I was planning on sneaking on his vehicles around 5 in the morning. Hopefully they're still asleep at that time. I glanced at Aladdin, he can take care of himself when I'm gone. He always wakes up at 7 anyway.

I zipped my bag, I only brought a small one since they're just gonna fetch some gasoline for the cars. Then I proceeded on sleeping.

5:00 A.M.

I woke up just in time. I rubbed my eyes and got up to take a shower. Aladdin was sound asleep so he probably won't wake up.

After showering, I wore a new batch of clothes and ate some toast for breakfast. I'm not that hungry anyway. . .

I went out of my room and looked around. It's a good thing only a few people were walking. I hid behind the pillars as I made my way to the exit. When I was near, I tried my best in concealing my bag. I quickly walked out of the building.

Now all I have to face are the guards.

They were busy in chattering and it gave me an opportunity to sneak in one of the vehicles. I know what car they use when they go out to fetch something.

I hid from car to car until I reached to Sinbad's vehicle. But then I heard footsteps coming to my way. It must be Sinbad and his soldiers.

I hurriedly hid behind the trunk, luckily there was a large black cloth that was covering the bags so I hid there. I adjusted myself to make me unnoticeacle. I heard the car open and some male voices were talking to each other.

"Sir Sinbad is coming." one of them said.

I heard a pair of footsteps coming, it's probably Sinbad.

"Alright men! Are we ready to go?" Sinbad got in the car.

"Yes sir!" another man said.

The engine started and we started moving.

???'s POV

As the vehicles drove away I had been given the opportunity to get in the building. I hid behind the shadows and made my way to the back of the building. I took out the time bomb that he gave to me. And I carefully attached it to the walls. Only two more to go.

I dashed silently to the garden. It must be my lucky day, the place was empty! Before I made a step I examined the garden if it ever had a security camera.

"Dammit." I cursed under my breath. There was a security camera attached near the door. If I want to finish my job quickly I have to act fast. I took out a dart and a blow gun. In just one shot I fired at the camera and successfully hit it.

I then attached the 2nd bomb to the wall. The only thing left was the entrance of the building. It's a bit risky but I can take it as long as they'll give me double payment for my job.

I peeked at the entrance of the building. There's too many guards surrounding the door. The only thing I have to do is wait. When they were distracted I moved quickly and attached the bomb. Of course I didn't make it noticeable for them.

When my job was done I smirked in victory and hid in the hole that I dug out.

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up from my peaceful sleep and did my usual chores. After that I went to get some food. It seemed oddly quiet here so I decided on checking my friends.

"Morg?" I knocked on Morgiana's door.

The door was unlocked and Morgiana stood before me.

"Hello (y/n), what can I do for you?" she asked curiously.

"I was just checking on my friends." I gave a toothy grin, "Oh, and Morg about yesterday-"

"It's okay." she cut my statement.

"I understand that you and Alibaba have mutual feelings for each other. I should've asked for permission before entering your room." she looked away in guilt.

"W-WHAT? N-no, no, no, me and Alibaba don't like each other, we only think of each other as friends." my face flushed at the thought of Alibaba having feelings for me.

"But the way he looks at you makes me think that he does." her voice wasn't monotonous than before, and it made me a bit happy for no reason.

"Nah! He doesn't think of me that way." I denied.

"If that's what you think." she uttered.

"By the way, do you want to come with me? I'm gonna roam the building to check on everyone." I changed the subject.

"Ok." we both walked together towards Alibaba's room.

When we reached his room we only encountered Aladdin. He was peacefully asleep on Alibaba's bed. I closed the door and leaned to it.

"That's weird, where did Alibaba go?"

"I don't know. Let's check on the weapon room. He might be in there."

"Ok." we dashed away without causing too much noise.

When we got there, the soldiers forbid us to enter.

"Why won't you let us in?"

"Sir Sinbad ordered us not to let anyone in. The weapons here were disappearing lately so we are on guard." a soldier with a mask answered.

"Ok fine, but have you seen a blonde male pass by?" I asked the two men. They glanced at each other for a moment before speaking.

"We haven't. Only you two came here."

"Oh ok, well thank you anyways!" I turned my heels and so did Morgiana.

The both of us searched everywhere but we found no traces of Alibaba. We decided to rest a bit to restore our energy.

'Where did Alibaba go?'

I sighed