Chapter 4: Evacuation

(Y/n)'s POV

We've followed the other students for a minute now. The teachers said that they will bring us to an evacuation area. The surroundings were empty. Vehicles were parked everywhere, some even crashed unto each other. The sound of sirens echoed through the streets and large fires consumed the buildings.

Why is this happening so suddenly?

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)!" I snapped out of my thoughts. A hand was being waved to my face,

"Y-yes?"

Chie stopped waving her hand, "Do you think our parents know about this?" She's right. Do they know about the sudden events happening here?

"I don't know Chie." I gave a doleful frown.

"Can I ask you something?" her expression turned serious.

"S-sure."

"What does Miss Jazmine mean by an infected?"

"I don't know, but I read something in my phone that may be connected to the events that are happening right now." I pulled my bag to my front and took out my phone.

Unlocking the password, I swiped several times and showed her the news I read a few minutes ago.

"Oh... this is bad." I put down my phone as her face changed with an emotion of fear.

"(Y/n)! Chie!" A male's voice called out. We tilted our heads to find the person who called us. "Over here!"

On the side of the street, not far from where we are, there's Alibaba with a pink haired girl which I presume must be Morgiana. They both walked towards us, "I'm so glad you're safe!"

"I'm also glad that you're both safe." I smiled at them subnormally.

"Where do you think they'll take us?" Alibaba stared at the teachers who were talking with their students.

"They said they'll be taking us to an evacuation area..." Chie replied.

"Do you know how far it is?"

"Wait, why are you asking me? I'm not the teacher here."

"Oh, I thought you know. Sorry, my bad." the blonde male sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

The students started walking again and we followed, it's kind of strange that there's no person here besides us and the teachers. A minute passed and I was starting to starve. Me and Chie didn't bring anything to eat so I'll have to endure my hunger.

"(Y/n), you okay?" Chie turned to me. I nodded in response but sadly my stomach betrayed me.

Alibaba and Morgiana turned to me, "What was that?"

"Uhh, nothing." I lied. Of course, my lying is horrible. No one would ever fall for my lying.

"(Y/n) is hungry." Chie spoke teasingly.

"Am not!" I tried to cover it up but my stomach growled for the second time.

"Oh really?" Chie smirked.

"Here." I turned to Morgiana, who was holding a sandwich wrapped in thin foil.

"A-ah! No Morgiana-san, you might need it." I shook my head and moved Morgiana's hand. She didn't reply, instead she took my right hand and placed the sandwich.

"I have my lunch." she turned around and continued walking. For a split second, I saw her smiling at me. 'It's a life achievement!'

I munched on the sandwich, savouring it's flavour. I stared at the vehicles that were parked on the sides. It reminded me of something...

'The car.'