Chapter 41: Bring them Back

Kouen's POV

Hakuryuu and the rest of his crew took too long in their mission. My impatience was growing and so was my suspicions.

'Where could they have gone to?'

"Koumei," I signalled the tired redhead.

"Yes brother?"

"Call Kouha and bring some of your crew with you."

"Understood," he saluted and walked out of the room. I planned on making them search for Hakuryuu and the others, the sun had set and yet there were so signs of their arrival. They wouldn't just go on a tour because they know that I could punish them if they take too long.

Hakuryuu's POV

I was growing paranoid in this room. I kept on thinking about Judar and Kougyoku and the possible things that might happen to them. Not only that, Kouen's going to be really disappointed at me because I'm at the enemy's territory!

To keep myself distracted from my worries, I pondered for a plan to get them back in case if Sinbad and his crew don't spot them. I could only hope that Judar and Kougyoku made it back to the building safely.

'Wait, where's my weapons?'

I craned my neck from side to side but my gun was nowhere to be seen. I remember clearly that I had it on my back when the gargantuan hit me. I used my right arm to fish for my gun at my pants pocket but it was empty.

"That's just great... now I'm out of weapons," I was starting to suspect that Sinbad had ordered his men to get my weapons. He's the enemy after all... but I can't really blame him for I have no proof that he stole my guns.

At the corner of my eye, there was something above a pile of boxes - a katana. I sat up despite my aching back and I stood up slowly. It made me think that I'm an old man who's having a hard time to stand up. Grabbing the katana, I observed the clean blade. I could see my reflection in the blade and the light that shined each time I tried to move it.

'This will definitely be handy.'

Judar's POV

After (y/n)'s wounds got treated, Hakuei and I had a small talk about her brother.

"...so your leader is Kouen and you, Kougyoku, and my brother were assigned to some mission to get medical supplies, correct?"

I nod, the conversation was getting boring and I wanna go and talk with (y/n)!

"Where did you last meet up with him?" that was her 6th question and it was killing me with boredom.

"The place where you saved us," I replied, hoping she wouldn't ask anymore.

"Got it! You can go now Judar," she said. I smiled inside, happy that the awkward conversation was over. I got up from my seat and went back to the place where (y/n) and the others were.

(Y/n)'s POV

I thought of walking around the hospital to get to know more about the place. Morgiana and the others were resting and I was the only one active. I spotted Judar, who just came out of a room.

"Judar!" I waved with my uninjured hand. His crimson eyes met mine, for a moment I felt my heart skip a beat but I dismissed it quickly.

"What?" he rose a brow at me.

"N-nothing... I just got bored since I have no one to talk with. I thought I could talk with you for a bit but I guess you're busy," I plastered a smile and turned on my heels to talk with someone else but a hand grabbed my wrist.

"Stay."

Turning my head, I stared at Judar's eyes. This was the first time he looked like he was begging at me...

"Okay."

Kouha's POV

We entered Kouen's office with our crews behind. I started questioning myself on what Kouen will be talking about, he's probably going to assign us to a mission. That's the only assignment he gives us whenever he calls us to his office.

"Thank you Koumei for bringing everyone here." Kouen broke the silence as he stands up.

I turned my head to Koumei, who nodded at Kouen, then I looked at Kouen again with confusion.

"I've gathered you all here for a mission. Hakuryuu and his crew didn't return yet and it's getting dark. So I want you all to find them and bring them here safely," he announced.

"Yes, sir!" We all saluted and went out the room in an orderly line. I went to my room to pack up some things for the journey. I didn't intend on bringing a bag, since it would be a burden to me. I grabbed some few essential things: guns, knives, and a communication device.

I opened the door to head outside. Two cars were already prepared for us thanks to the people who works for us. I got in the first car and waited for the others to arrive. The car wasn't really a good place to breathe so I had to open the windows to let some fresh air in.

Koumei's POV

I was all ready to go. I slung my backpack to my back and walked outside. As usual, I'm always the last to arrive.

I opened the car door and sat beside Kouha. The driver started the engine and we drove away. As we waited to arrive to the hospital, we encountered a few infected along the way. But our crew took care of it. Some of the infected were familiar to me.

"Hey Koumei," Kouha nudged my arm, "Those infected looked familiar..."

"I agree, but I can't really recognize their faces."

"Well they look like our workers," he said. I could say that he's right, their clothing looked similar to Hakuryuu's crew but they're all in tatters so it's difficult to confirm it.

Soon, the car came into a stop. We all got out and kept our guards up. The hospital was crazy huge and there were no cars or people!

'Are we in the right hospital?' I thought. Just staring at the building sent shivers down my spine.

"Koumei look!" Kouha called out. I neared him and looked at the thing he was pointing.

Car tracks and some footprints.

"Sir Kouha and sir Koumei, we found some footprints over here!" my workers said.

We both observed the footprints leading away from the hospital. The car tracks led to the left and the footprints were leading to the right.

"Do you think they might have gotten separated?" Kouha questioned.

"I don't know." I knelt down and touched the ground. There were three different sizes of the footprints, so three people might have gotten separated.

The first footprint reminded me of Judar's. He's the one wearing combat shoes and I know the marks from underneath his shoes. The rest were still unkown to me.

"We have to split our group. Kouha, follow these footprints. Me and the others will go for the car tracks."

"Okay!" he signalled his crew and they went in to the 2nd car.

"Meet us back here at 5:00!" me and the rest went to the first car. We drove away and followed the tracks.